AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMassive hepatic cyst presenting as right-sided heart failure. 2010: Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractA 70-year-old woman presented with clinical features of right heart failure. Cardiopulmonary investigations included an echocardiogram, which showed a hepatic cyst compromising venous return and affecting right atrial filling and a CT abdomen showed a 15.5 x 11.5 cm-cystic mass involving the right hepatic lobe and compressing the right atrium. Percutaneous drainage of the cyst was performed. This led to complete resolution of symptoms but these recurred as the fluid re-accumulated. Subsequent definitive treatment with excision of the cyst was undertaken with symptomatic cure. This case is the first report of a hepatic cyst presenting as right heart due to compression of the right atrium.
Item TypeArticle In Press
- Hepatic Cyst Compressing The Right Atrial and Ventricular Inflow Tract: An Uncommon Cardiac Complication.
- Authors: Panchal M, Alansari A, Wallack M, Visco F, Williams S, Sy AM
- Issue date: 2018 January-February
- Infected hepatic cyst.
- Authors: Yoshida H, Onda M, Tajiri T, Mamada Y, Taniai N, Mineta S, Hirakata A, Futami R, Arima Y, Inoue M, Hatta S, Kishimoto A
- Issue date: 2003 Mar-Apr
- Obstructive jaundice caused by a huge liver cyst riding on the hilum: report of a case.
- Authors: Kanai T, Kenmochi T, Takabayashi T, Hangai N, Kawano Y, Suwa T, Yonekawa H, Miyazawa N
- Issue date: 1999
- A case of inferior vena cava thrombosis caused by compression due to growing giant liver cyst.
- Authors: Kimura N, Tsuchiya A, Ogawa M, Watanabe Y, Hayashi K, Yokoyama J, Umezu H, Terai S
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Acute Budd-Chiari syndrome due to a simple liver cyst.
- Authors: Long J, Vaughan-Williams H, Moorhouse J, Sethi H, Kumar N
- Issue date: 2014 Jan