An X11alpha/FSBP complex represses transcription of the GSK3beta gene promoter.
Perkinton, Michael S
McLoughlin, Declan M
Miller, Christopher C J
AffiliationDepartment of Biochemistry Science, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong SAR. email@example.com
MeSHAdaptor Proteins, Signal Transducing
Gene Expression Regulation
Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3
Nerve Tissue Proteins
Promoter Regions, Genetic
Two-Hybrid System Techniques
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn X11alpha/FSBP complex represses transcription of the GSK3beta gene promoter. 2010, 21 (11):761-6 Neuroreport
AbstractX11alpha is a neuronal adaptor protein that interacts with the amyloid precursor protein (APP) through a centrally located phosphotyrosine binding domain to inhibit the production of Abeta peptide that is deposited in Alzheimer's disease brains. X11alpha also contains two C-terminal postsynaptic density-95, large discs, zona occludens 1 (PDZ) domains, and we show here that through its PDZ domains, X11alpha interacts with a novel transcription factor, fibrinogen silencer binding protein. Moreover, we show that an X11alpha/fibrinogen silencer binding protein complex signals to the nucleus to repress glycogen synthase kinase-3beta promoter activity. Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta is a favoured candidate kinase for phosphorylating tau in Alzheimer's disease. Our findings show a new function for X11alpha that may impact on Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis.
- C-terminal fragments of amyloid precursor protein exert neurotoxicity by inducing glycogen synthase kinase-3beta expression.
- Authors: Kim HS, Kim EM, Lee JP, Park CH, Kim S, Seo JH, Chang KA, Yu E, Jeong SJ, Chong YH, Suh YH
- Issue date: 2003 Oct
- The neuronal adaptor protein X11alpha interacts with the copper chaperone for SOD1 and regulates SOD1 activity.
- Authors: McLoughlin DM, Standen CL, Lau KF, Ackerley S, Bartnikas TP, Gitlin JD, Miller CC
- Issue date: 2001 Mar 23
- Genomic organization and promoter cloning of the human X11α gene APBA1.
- Authors: Chai KH, McLoughlin DM, Chan TF, Chan HY, Lau KF
- Issue date: 2012 May
- X11alpha impairs gamma- but not beta-cleavage of amyloid precursor protein.
- Authors: King GD, Cherian K, Turner RS
- Issue date: 2004 Feb
- Modulation of amyloid precursor protein metabolism by X11alpha /Mint-1. A deletion analysis of protein-protein interaction domains.
- Authors: Mueller HT, Borg JP, Margolis B, Turner RS
- Issue date: 2000 Dec 15