Neisseria meningitidis endocarditis: A case report and review of the literature.
AffiliationCardiology Department, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNeisseria meningitidis endocarditis: A case report and review of the literature. 2011:notScand J Infect Dis
JournalScandinavian journal of infectious diseases
AbstractAbstract Neisseria meningitidis is the leading cause of bacterial meningitis in children and young adults, with an overall mortality rate of up to 25%, but it is a rare cause of infective endocarditis. We present herein a case of N. meningitidis meningitis complicated with infective endocarditis.
- The clinical features and long-term sequelae of invasive meningococcal disease in children.
- Authors: Stein-Zamir C, Shoob H, Sokolov I, Kunbar A, Abramson N, Zimmerman D
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- [Clinical aspects and outcome of meningococcal disease due to Neisseria meningitidis of serogroup W135 in 5 children].
- Authors: Faye A, Mariani-Kurkjian P, Taha MK, Louzeau C, Bingen E, Bourrillon A
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Case report. Neisseria meningitidis serogroup A in Ontario.
- Authors: Rawte P, Brown S, Jamieson F
- Issue date: 1997 Sep 15
- [Subconjunctival hemorrhages and fever].
- Authors: Azofra J, Dronda F, Roig M
- Issue date: 1992 Jan
- Association of meningococcal phenotypes and genotypes with clinical characteristics and mortality of meningitis in children.
- Authors: Levy C, Taha MK, Weil Olivier C, Quinet B, Lecuyer A, Alonso JM, Aujard Y, Bingen E, Cohen R, Groupe des pédiatres et microbiologistes de l'Observatoire National des Méningites.
- Issue date: 2010 Jul