AffiliationDental Department, Community Services, Mayo, Ireland.
Anterior Eye Segment
Denture, Partial, Removable
Patient Care Planning
Pit and Fissure Sealants
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAxenfeld-Rieger syndrome (ARS): A review and case report., 30 (5):218-22 Spec Care Dentist
JournalSpecial care in dentistry : official publication of the American Association of Hospital Dentists, the Academy of Dentistry for the Handicapped, and the American Society for Geriatric Dentistry
AbstractAxenfeld-Rieger syndrome (ARS) is a rare, autosomal dominant condition characterized by ocular, craniofacial, dental, and periumbilical abnormalities. Relatively little information exists on this syndrome within the dental literature despite the fact that midface hypoplasia and maxillary hypodontia are classical presenting features of this syndrome. This is a case report of a 7-year-old Caucasian female with ARS who presented with significant ocular and dental anomalies. She was also found to have osteopenia. Her dental condition is described, her immediate treatment is shown, and her long-term treatment needs are discussed.
- Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome: a case report.
- Authors: Dunbar AC, McIntyre GT, Laverick S, Stevenson B
- Issue date: 2015
- Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome: dentofacial manifestation and oral rehabilitation considerations.
- Authors: Berenstein-Aizman G, Hazan-Molina H, Drori D, Aizenbud D
- Issue date: 2011 Sep-Oct
- Dental anomalies in Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome.
- Authors: O'Dwyer EM, Jones DC
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- Familial Axenfeld-Rieger anomaly, cardiac malformations, and sensorineural hearing loss: a provisionally unique genetic syndrome?
- Authors: Grosso S, Farnetani MA, Berardi R, Vivarelli R, Vanni M, Morgese G, Balestri P
- Issue date: 2002 Aug 1
- Focal dermal hypoplasia: a case report and literature review.
- Authors: Murakami C, de Oliveira Lira Ortega A, Guimarães AS, Gonçalves-Bittar D, Bönecker M, Ciamponi AL
- Issue date: 2011 Aug