Prolonged faecal excretion following a single dose of probiotic in low birth weight infants.
O'Connor, Paula M
Dempsey, Eugene M
Ryan, Anthony C
Ross, Paul R
AffiliationDepartment of Neonatology, Cork University Maternity Hospital, Ireland.
*Infant, Low Birth Weight
Lactobacillus/growth & development
Probiotics/*administration & dosage
MetadataShow full item record
CitationActa Paediatr. 2010 Oct;99(10):1587-8.
JournalActa paediatrica (Oslo, Norway : 1992)
- Oral supplementation with probiotics in very-low-birth-weight preterm infants: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Authors: Rougé C, Piloquet H, Butel MJ, Berger B, Rochat F, Ferraris L, Des Robert C, Legrand A, de la Cochetière MF, N'Guyen JM, Vodovar M, Voyer M, Darmaun D, Rozé JC
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Probiotics, prebiotics, or both in a very low birth weight infant.
- Authors: Marini A, Boehm G, Negretti F, Agosti M
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- Probiotic intervention in neonates--will permanent colonization ensue?
- Authors: Gueimonde M, Kalliomäki M, Isolauri E, Salminen S
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Safety of Lactobacillus GG probiotic in infants with very low birth weight: twelve years of experience.
- Authors: Luoto R, Isolauri E, Lehtonen L
- Issue date: 2010 May 1
- Effects of a probiotic fermented milk beverage containing Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota on defecation frequency, intestinal microbiota, and the intestinal environment of healthy individuals with soft stools.
- Authors: Matsumoto K, Takada T, Shimizu K, Moriyama K, Kawakami K, Hirano K, Kajimoto O, Nomoto K
- Issue date: 2010 Nov