A case of spontaneous hypoglycaemia and impaired glucose tolerance in the same patient.
Healy, M L
Walsh, Thomas N
AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology, Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin, Ireland. , firstname.lastname@example.org
Glucose Tolerance Test
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAnn Clin Biochem. 2011 Mar;48(Pt 2):183-5. Epub 2011 Feb 21.
JournalAnnals of clinical biochemistry
AbstractWe present a rare case of an insulin-like growth factor-2 (IGF-2)-secreting tumour of the thorax. This patient demonstrated the combination of fasting hypoglycaemia and impaired glucose tolerance on oral glucose tolerance testing, which has not been previously described in this condition. A review of the literature of IGF-2-secreting intrathoracic tumours is presented here.
- Hypoglycaemia associated with an intrathoracic fibrosarcoma.
- Authors: Walsh CH, Wright AD, Coore HG
- Issue date: 1975 Jul
- [Diabetes in the Belgian province of Luxembourg: frequency, importance of the oral glucose tolerance test and a modestly increased fasting blood glucose].
- Authors: Hortulanus-Beck D, Lefebvre PJ, Jeanjean MF
- Issue date: 1990 Jul-Aug
- Increased levels of circulating free insulin-like growth factors in patients with non-islet cell tumour hypoglycaemia.
- Authors: Frystyk J, Skjaerbaek C, Zapf J, Orskov H
- Issue date: 1998 May
- Hypoglycemia caused by an intrathoracic tumour.
- Authors: Talstad I, Folling I, Boye NP
- Issue date: 1974 Oct
- Non-islet cell tumour-induced hypoglycaemia: a review of the literature including two new cases.
- Authors: de Groot JW, Rikhof B, van Doorn J, Bilo HJ, Alleman MA, Honkoop AH, van der Graaf WT
- Issue date: 2007 Dec