Nanotechnology and its relationship to interventional radiology. Part I: imaging.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging/*methods
Tomography, X-Ray Computed/*methods
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2011 Apr;34(2):221-6. Epub 2010 Sep 16.
JournalCardiovascular and interventional radiology
AbstractNanotechnology refers to the design, creation, and manipulation of structures on the nanometer scale. Interventional radiology stands to benefit greatly from advances in nanotechnology because much of the ongoing research is focused toward novel methods of imaging and delivery of therapy through minimally invasive means. Through the development of new techniques and therapies, nanotechnology has the potential to broaden the horizon of interventional radiology and ensure its continued success. This two-part review is intended to acquaint the interventionalist with the field of nanotechnology, and provide an overview of potential applications, while highlighting advances relevant to interventional radiology. Part I of the article deals with an introduction to some of the basic concepts of nanotechnology and outlines some of the potential imaging applications, concentrating mainly on advances in oncological and vascular imaging.
- Nanotechnology and its relationship to interventional radiology. Part II: Drug Delivery, Thermotherapy, and Vascular Intervention.
- Authors: Power S, Slattery MM, Lee MJ
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Nanotechnology development and utilization: a primer for diagnostic and interventional radiologists.
- Authors: Monsky WL, Vien DS, Link DP
- Issue date: 2011 Sep-Oct
- Modern trends in interventional radiology.
- Authors: Sabharwal T, Fotiadis N, Adam A
- Issue date: 2007
- Interventional and intraoperative MRI at low field scanner--a review.
- Authors: Blanco RT, Ojala R, Kariniemi J, Perälä J, Niinimäki J, Tervonen O
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- 3-D imaging: basic concepts for radiologic technologists.
- Authors: Seeram E
- Issue date: 1997 Nov-Dec