Temporomandibular joint osteochondromatosis: an unusual cause of preauricular swelling.
AffiliationDepartment of Otolaryngology, Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Dublin,, Ireland.
Temporomandibular Joint Disorders/*pathology
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAnn Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2011 Jan;120(1):63-5.
JournalThe Annals of otology, rhinology, and laryngology
AbstractWe report an unusual and rare cause of preauricular swelling and review the most recent literature concerning synovial osteochondromatosis of the temporomandibular joint. We report the clinical and radiologic findings of a case of synovial osteochondromatosis of the temporomandibular joint that presented as preauricular swelling in a female patient. This disease typically affects large joints; fewer than 100 cases reported in the literature affect the temporomandibular joint. This case illustrates that disorders of the temporomandibular joint should also be included in the differential diagnosis of patients who present with a preauricular mass.
- Synovial chondromatosis of the temporomandibular joint with condylar extension.
- Authors: Huh JK, Park JY, Lee S, Lee SH, Choi SW
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Synovial chondromatosis of the temporomandibular joint: radiologic and histopathologic findings.
- Authors: Kahraman AS, Kahraman B, Dogan M, Firat C, Samdanci E, Celik T
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Synovial chondromatosis of the temporomandibular joint: clinical, diagnostic, and histomorphologic findings.
- Authors: von Lindern JJ, Theuerkauf I, Niederhagen B, Bergé S, Appel T, Reich RH
- Issue date: 2002 Jul
- Clinical and radiologic findings of synovial chondromatosis affecting the temporomandibular joint.
- Authors: Meng J, Guo C, Yi B, Zhao Y, Luo H, Ma X
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- A case of synovial chondromatosis of the temporomandibular joint secondary to preauricular trauma.
- Authors: Zha W, Zhao YF, Liu Y, Jiang L
- Issue date: 2009 Nov