Successful fetoscopic laser coagulation for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome under local anaesthesia.
AffiliationNational Maternity Hospital, Holles St, Dublin 2. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSuccessful fetoscopic laser coagulation for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome under local anaesthesia. 2011, 104 (6):187-90 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractA review of the efficacy and outcome of fifteen fetoscopic laser ablations under local anaesthesia for twin to twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) in the National Maternity Hospital Dublin was undertaken. The mean gestation at laser was 19.7 weeks (range 16-25 weeks) with a mean gestation at delivery of 29.1 weeks (range 20-35 weeks). The overall liveborn birth rate was 79% (22 infants) and one pregnancy was still ongoing. There were four neonatal deaths secondary to complications of prematurity. The surviving eighteen infants (64%) undergo regular paediatric review. The procedure was performed successfully in all cases with local anaesthesia. In no case was there maternal discomfort that warranted the procedure to be abandoned and good visual access of the vascular anastamoses was obtained in all cases. Local anaesthesia therefore offers a safe effective anaesthetic option for fetoscopic laser coagulation in monochorionic pregnancies complicated by TTTS.
- Twin reversed arterial perfusion: fetoscopic laser coagulation of placental anastomoses or the umbilical cord.
- Authors: Hecher K, Lewi L, Gratacos E, Huber A, Ville Y, Deprest J
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Severe twin-twin transfusion syndrome: outcome after fetoscopic laser ablation of the placental vascular equator.
- Authors: Ierullo AM, Papageorghiou AT, Bhide A, Fratelli N, Thilaganathan B
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Endoscopic laser surgery in severe second-trimester twin-twin transfusion syndrome: a three-year experience from a Latin American center.
- Authors: Sepulveda W, Wong AE, Dezerega V, Devoto JC, Alcalde JL
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Fetoscopic laser coagulation for twin-twin transfusion syndrome before 17 weeks' gestation: laser data, complications and neonatal outcome.
- Authors: Lecointre L, Sananes N, Weingertner AS, Kohler M, Guerra F, Fritz G, Viville B, Langer B, Nisand I, Favre R
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Stage-related outcome in twin-twin transfusion syndrome treated by fetoscopic laser coagulation.
- Authors: Huber A, Diehl W, Bregenzer T, Hackelöer BJ, Hecher K
- Issue date: 2006 Aug