The management of women with abnormal cervical cytology in pregnancy.
AffiliationDepartment of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Maternity Hospital, Holles St, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
MeSHCarcinoma in Situ
Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia
Pregnancy Complications, Neoplastic
Uterine Cervical Neoplasms
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe management of women with abnormal cervical cytology in pregnancy. 2010, 24 (1):51-60 Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol
JournalBest practice & research. Clinical obstetrics & gynaecology
AbstractThe management of women with abnormal cytology in pregnancy represents both a diagnostic and a therapeutic challenge for colposcopists. The emphasis should be on diagnosis and confirmation of cervical precancer (Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) or Adenocarcinoma in situ (AIS), thus excluding invasive cancer). Following an initial assessment, careful follow-up is essential. This must include colposcopy and take into account the physiological changes of the cervix during pregnancy and the puerperium. The management of women with invasive cancer diagnosed during pregnancy depends on the gestation at diagnosis and requires careful assessment and multidisciplinary planning.
- Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in pregnancy.
- Authors: Harper DM, Roach MS
- Issue date: 1996 Jan
- Clinical management and follow-up of squamous intraepithelial cervical lesions during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Authors: Frega A, Scirpa P, Corosu R, Verrico M, Scarciglia ML, Primieri MR, Palazzo A, Iacovelli R, Moscarini M
- Issue date: 2007 Jul-Aug
- 2006 consensus guidelines for the management of women with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia or adenocarcinoma in situ.
- Authors: Wright TC Jr, Massad LS, Dunton CJ, Spitzer M, Wilkinson EJ, Solomon D, 2006 American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology-sponsored Consensus Conference.
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Management of cervical premalignant lesions.
- Authors: Lindeque BG
- Issue date: 2005 Aug
- [Intraepithelial neoplasia of the cervix].
- Authors: Ricaud Rothiot L, Hernández Arvízu JE, Villalobos Román M
- Issue date: 1984 Dec