Absence of consensus in diagnostic criteria for familial neurodegenerative diseases.
AffiliationTrinity College Institute of Neurosciences, Beaumont Hospital, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Physician's Practice Patterns
Reproducibility of Results
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAbsence of consensus in diagnostic criteria for familial neurodegenerative diseases. 2012, 83 (4):365-7 J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatr.
JournalJournal of neurology, neurosurgery, and psychiatry
AbstractA small proportion of cases seen in neurodegenerative conditions such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer disease are familial. These familial cases are usually clinically indistinguishable from sporadic cases. Identifying familial cases is important both in terms of clinical guidance for family members and for gene discovery.
- Mutational analysis of TARDBP in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Authors: Ticozzi N, LeClerc AL, van Blitterswijk M, Keagle P, McKenna-Yasek DM, Sapp PC, Silani V, Wills AM, Brown RH Jr, Landers JE
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Biomarkers of neurodegenerative disorders: how good are they?
- Authors: Rachakonda V, Pan TH, LE WD
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- Aggregation of neurologic and neuropsychiatric disease in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis kindreds: a population-based case-control cohort study of familial and sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Authors: Byrne S, Heverin M, Elamin M, Bede P, Lynch C, Kenna K, MacLaughlin R, Walsh C, Al Chalabi A, Hardiman O
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Patients with sporadic and familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis found value in genetic testing.
- Authors: Wagner KN, Nagaraja HN, Allain DC, Quick A, Kolb SJ, Roggenbuck J
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Biomarkers in Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- Authors: Jeromin A, Bowser R
- Issue date: 2017