Variations in the usage and composition of a radial cocktail during radial access coronary angiography procedures.
AffiliationThe Galway Clinic, Doughiska, Galway. email@example.com
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVariations in the usage and composition of a radial cocktail during radial access coronary angiography procedures. 2011, 104 (9):280-1 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractA survey was conducted of medication administered during radial artery cannulation for coronary angiography in 2009 in Ireland; responses were obtained for 15 of 20 centres, in 5 of which no radial access procedures were undertaken. All 10 (100%) centres which provided data used heparin and one or more anti-spasmodics; verapamil in 9 (90%), nitrate in 1 (10%), both in 2 (20%). There were significant variations in the doses used. Further work needs to be done to determine the optimum cocktail to prevent radial artery injury following coronary angiography.
- Brewing the right cocktail for radial intervention.
- Authors: Vuurmans T, Hilton D
- Issue date: 2010 May-Jun
- Comparative study of nicorandil and a spasmolytic cocktail in preventing radial artery spasm during transradial coronary angiography.
- Authors: Kim SH, Kim EJ, Cheon WS, Kim MK, Park WJ, Cho GY, Choi YJ, Rhim CY
- Issue date: 2007 Sep 3
- Comparison of the effect of intra-arterial versus intravenous heparin on radial artery occlusion after transradial catheterization.
- Authors: Pancholy SB
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 15
- Nitroglycerin, nitroprusside, or both, in preventing radial artery spasm during transradial artery catheterization.
- Authors: Coppola J, Patel T, Kwan T, Sanghvi K, Srivastava S, Shah S, Staniloae C
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Coronary angiography and angioplasty using the aberrant radial artery as an access site.
- Authors: Abhaichand RK, Sambasivam KA, Vydianathan PR, Raveendran P, Saigopalan M, Gomathi S, Anil M
- Issue date: 2006 Sep