Maternal and fetal placental growth hormone and IGF axis in type 1 diabetic pregnancy.
AuthorsHiggins, Mary F
Russell, Noirin E
Crossey, Paul A
Nyhan, Kristine C
Brazil, Derek P
McAuliffe, Fionnuala M
AffiliationUCD Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, National Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 3
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
Pregnancy in Diabetics
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMaternal and fetal placental growth hormone and IGF axis in type 1 diabetic pregnancy. 2012, 7 (2):e29164 PLoS ONE
AbstractPlacental growth hormone (PGH) is a major growth hormone in pregnancy and acts with Insulin Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I) and Insulin Like Growth Hormone Binding Protein 3 (IGFBP3). The aim of this study was to investigate PGH, IGF-I and IGFBP3 in non-diabetic (ND) compared to Type 1 Diabetic (T1DM) pregnancies.
- Growth hormone binding protein and maternal body mass index in relation to placental growth hormone and insulin requirements during pregnancy in type 1 diabetic women.
- Authors: Fuglsang J, Lauszus FF, Fisker S, Flyvbjerg A, Ovesen P
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Insulin-like growth factors I and II peptide and messenger RNA levels in macrosomic infants of diabetic pregnancies.
- Authors: Roth S, Abernathy MP, Lee WH, Pratt L, Denne S, Golichowski A, Pescovitz OH
- Issue date: 1996 Mar-Apr
- Placental growth hormone (GH), GH-binding protein, and insulin-like growth factor axis in normal, growth-retarded, and diabetic pregnancies: correlations with fetal growth.
- Authors: McIntyre HD, Serek R, Crane DI, Veveris-Lowe T, Parry A, Johnson S, Leung KC, Ho KK, Bougoussa M, Hennen G, Igout A, Chan FY, Cowley D, Cotterill A, Barnard R
- Issue date: 2000 Mar
- Comparison of maternal ghrelin and leptin in healthy mothers and mothers with Type 1 diabetes.
- Authors: Kos K, Syn WK, Lewandowski KC, Bennett J, Nwokolo CU, O'Hare JP, Randeva H
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Human placental growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor I and -II, and insulin requirements during pregnancy in type 1 diabetes.
- Authors: Fuglsang J, Lauszus F, Flyvbjerg A, Ovesen P
- Issue date: 2003 Sep