Validation of an abbreviated Vitalpac™ Early Warning Score (ViEWS) in 75,419 consecutive admissions to a Canadian regional hospital.
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Nenagh Hospital, Nenagh, County Tipperary, Ireland. email@example.com
MeSHArea Under Curve
Health Status Indicators
Predictive Value of Tests
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationValidation of an abbreviated Vitalpac™ Early Warning Score (ViEWS) in 75,419 consecutive admissions to a Canadian regional hospital. 2012, 83 (3):297-302 Resuscitation
AbstractThe early warning score derived from 198,755 vital sign sets in the Vitalpac™ database (ViEWS) has an area under the receiver operator characteristic curve (AUROC) for death of acute unselected medical patients within 24h of 88%.
- Changes and their prognostic implications in the abbreviated Vitalpac™ early warning score (ViEWS) after admission to hospital of 18,853 acutely ill medical patients.
- Authors: Kellett J, Woodworth S, Wang F, Huang W
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Changes and their prognostic implications in the abbreviated VitalPAC™ Early Warning Score (ViEWS) after admission to hospital of 18,827 surgical patients.
- Authors: Kellett J, Wang F, Woodworth S, Huang W
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Trajectories of the averaged abbreviated Vitalpac early warning score (AbEWS) and clinical course of 44,531 consecutive admissions hospitalized for acute medical illness.
- Authors: Murray A, Kellett J, Huang W, Woodworth S, Wang F
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- The Pediatric Risk of Hospital Admission score: a second-generation severity-of-illness score for pediatric emergency patients.
- Authors: Chamberlain JM, Patel KM, Pollack MM
- Issue date: 2005 Feb
- A simple risk score accurately predicts in-hospital mortality, length of stay, and cost in acute upper GI bleeding.
- Authors: Saltzman JR, Tabak YP, Hyett BH, Sun X, Travis AC, Johannes RS
- Issue date: 2011 Dec