Hand-assisted versus straight laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy on a training simulator: what is the difference? A stepwise comparison of hand-assisted versus straight laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy performance on an augmented reality simulator.
Delaney, Conor P
Ellis, Clyde N
Neary, Paul C
Champagne, Bradley J
Senagore, Anthony J
AffiliationDivision of Colorectal Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA.
Education, Medical, Graduate
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHand-assisted versus straight laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy on a training simulator: what is the difference? A stepwise comparison of hand-assisted versus straight laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy performance on an augmented reality simulator. 2010, 34 (12):2909-14 World J Surg
PublisherWorld journal of surgery
JournalWorld journal of surgery
AbstractWe hypothesized that simulator-generated metrics and intraoperative errors may be able to differentiate the technical differences between hand-assisted laparoscopic (HAL) and straight laparoscopic (SL) approaches.
- Assessment of comparative skills between hand-assisted and straight laparoscopic colorectal training on an augmented reality simulator.
- Authors: Leblanc F, Delaney CP, Neary PC, Rose J, Augestad KM, Senagore AJ, Ellis CN, Champagne BJ, Colorectal Surgery Training Group.
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Virtual reality simulator training for laparoscopic colectomy: what metrics have construct validity?
- Authors: Shanmugan S, Leblanc F, Senagore AJ, Ellis CN, Stein SL, Khan S, Delaney CP, Champagne BJ
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Hand-assisted laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy skills acquisition: augmented reality simulator versus human cadaver training models.
- Authors: Leblanc F, Senagore AJ, Ellis CN, Champagne BJ, Augestad KM, Neary PC, Delaney CP, Colorectal Surgery Training Group.
- Issue date: 2010 Jul-Aug
- Laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy: Are all laparoscopic techniques created equal?
- Authors: Midura EF, Hanseman DJ, Davis BR, Johnson BL, Kuethe JW, Rafferty JF, Paquette IM
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Single-session baseline virtual reality simulator scores predict technical performance for laparoscopic colectomy: a study in the swine model.
- Authors: Araujo SE, Seid VE, Bertoncini AB, Horcel LA, Nahas SC, Cecconello I
- Issue date: 2014 Nov-Dec