HDL cholesterol protects against cardiovascular disease in both genders, at all ages and at all levels of risk.
AuthorsCooney, M T
De Bacquer, D
De Backer, G
Graham, I M
AffiliationDept. of Cardiology, Adelaide Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland.
Proportional Hazards Models
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHDL cholesterol protects against cardiovascular disease in both genders, at all ages and at all levels of risk. 2009, 206 (2):611-6 Atherosclerosis
AbstractWe aimed to clarify some previous inconsistencies regarding the role of high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) as a CVD protective factor.
- Global cardiovascular mortality risk in the adult Polish population: prospective assessment of the cohorts studied in multicentre national WOBASZ and WOBASZ Senior studies.
- Authors: Piotrowski W, Waśkiewicz A, Cicha-Mikołajczyk A
- Issue date: 2016
- Lipid measures for prediction of incident cardiovascular disease in diabetic and non-diabetic adults: results of the 8.6 years follow-up of a population based cohort study.
- Authors: Tohidi M, Hatami M, Hadaegh F, Safarkhani M, Harati H, Azizi F
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 23
- A pooled analysis of the association of isolated low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol with cardiovascular mortality in Japan.
- Authors: Hirata T, Sugiyama D, Nagasawa SY, Murakami Y, Saitoh S, Okayama A, Iso H, Irie F, Sairenchi T, Miyamoto Y, Yamada M, Ishikawa S, Miura K, Ueshima H, Okamura T, Evidence for Cardiovascular Prevention from Observational Cohorts in Japan (EPOCH-JAPAN) Research Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Association of extremely high levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol with cardiovascular mortality in a pooled analysis of 9 cohort studies including 43,407 individuals: The EPOCH-JAPAN study.
- Authors: Hirata A, Sugiyama D, Watanabe M, Tamakoshi A, Iso H, Kotani K, Kiyama M, Yamada M, Ishikawa S, Murakami Y, Miura K, Ueshima H, Okamura T, Evidence for Cardiovascular Prevention from Observational Cohorts in Japan (EPOCH–JAPAN) Research Group.
- Issue date: 2018 May - Jun
- Triglycerides + high-density-lipoprotein-cholesterol dyslipidaemia, a coronary risk factor in elderly women: the CArdiovascular STudy in the ELderly.
- Authors: Mazza A, Tikhonoff V, Schiavon L, Casiglia E
- Issue date: 2005 Oct