Ultrasound in the evaluation of enthesitis: status and perspectives.
Wakefield, Richard J
D'Agostino, Maria Antonietta
AffiliationRheumatology Department, Université Paris 6-Pierre et Marie Curie, Hôpital La Pitié Salpetrière, APHP, 83 Boulevard de l’hôpital 75013 Paris, France.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUltrasound in the evaluation of enthesitis: status and perspectives. 2011, 13 (6):R188 Arthritis Res. Ther.
PublisherArthritis research & therapy
JournalArthritis research & therapy
AbstractAn increasing number of studies have applied ultrasound to the evaluation of entheses in spondyloarthritis patients. However, no clear agreement exists on the definition of enthesitis, on the number and choice of entheses to examine and on ultrasound technique, which may all affect the results of the examination. The objectives of this study were to first determine the level of homogeneity in the ultrasound definitions for the principal lesions of enthesitis in the published literature and second, to evaluate the metric properties of ultrasound for detecting enthesitis according to the OMERACT filter.
- Reliability of a consensus-based ultrasound definition and scoring for enthesitis in spondyloarthritis and psoriatic arthritis: an OMERACT US initiative.
- Authors: Balint PV, Terslev L, Aegerter P, Bruyn GAW, Chary-Valckenaere I, Gandjbakhch F, Iagnocco A, Jousse-Joulin S, Möller I, Naredo E, Schmidt WA, Wakefield RJ, D'Agostino MA, OMERACT Ultrasound Task Force members.
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Defining enthesitis in spondyloarthritis by ultrasound: results of a Delphi process and of a reliability reading exercise.
- Authors: Terslev L, Naredo E, Iagnocco A, Balint PV, Wakefield RJ, Aegerter P, Aydin SZ, Bachta A, Hammer HB, Bruyn GA, Filippucci E, Gandjbakhch F, Mandl P, Pineda C, Schmidt WA, D'Agostino MA, Outcome Measures in Rheumatology Ultrasound Task Force.
- Issue date: 2014 May
- The use of ultrasound for the assessment of enthesitis in patients with spondyloarthritis.
- Authors: Eder L, Barzilai M, Peled N, Gladman DD, Zisman D
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Doppler ultrasound--a valid and reliable tool to assess spondyloarthritis.
- Authors: Falcão S, De Miguel E, Castillo C, Branco JC, Martín-Mola E
- Issue date: 2012 Jul-Sep
- How to evaluate and improve the reliability of power Doppler ultrasonography for assessing enthesitis in spondylarthritis.
- Authors: D'agostino MA, Aegerter P, Jousse-Joulin S, Chary-Valckenaere I, Lecoq B, Gaudin P, Brault I, Schmitz J, Dehaut FX, Le Parc JM, Breban M, Landais P
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 15