AffiliationRegional Centre of Dermatology, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInfantile pyoderma gangrenosum. 2008, 58 (2 Suppl):S23-8 J. Am. Acad. Dermatol.
JournalJournal of the American Academy of Dermatology
AbstractPyoderma gangrenosum (PG) is rare in infants. There have been 12 cases of PG in infants (<12 months old) reported in the past 25 years, to our knowledge. Six of these cases have been successfully controlled with systemic steroids, and one case with topical steroids alone. We report a case of an 8-month-old infant whose PG was aggressive and unresponsive to systemic steroids. Adjuvant treatment with cyclosporine was required to achieve healing. We review the previous cases of infantile PG and the therapeutic options in this age group.
- Pyoderma gangrenosum of the eyelid: report of two cases and review of the literature.
- Authors: Saito N, Yanagi T, Akiyama M, Lin HY, Kasai S, Fujita Y, Yamane N, Inokuma D, Kase S, Ono K, Minakawa H, Shimizu H
- Issue date: 2010
- A novel therapy for the treatment of pyoderma gangrenosum.
- Authors: Azizan NZ, Gangaram HB, Hussein SH
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- [Pyoderma gangrenosum in an infant: Case report].
- Authors: Medeiros CC, Colombari ML, Nassif PW, Gurgel AC, Nassif AE
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 15
- UK Dermatology Clinical Trials Network's STOP GAP trial (a multicentre trial of prednisolone versus ciclosporin for pyoderma gangrenosum): protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Craig FF, Thomas KS, Mitchell EJ, Williams HC, Norrie J, Mason JM, Ormerod AD, UK Dermatology Clinical Trials Network’s STOP GAP Trial Team.
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 28
- Pyoderma gangrenosum--case report.
- Authors: Abela CB, Soldin M, Gateley D
- Issue date: 2007 Jun