AffiliationMarymount Hospice/ St. Patrick's Hospital, Curraheen Road, Cork, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNeuropathic pain management in children. 2012, 18 (10):476-8,480-2 Int J Palliat Nurs
JournalInternational journal of palliative nursing
AbstractThere are difficulties in assessing, managing, and evaluating neuropathic pain in dying children, particularly those with neurological impairment. Neuropathic pain in children often presents differently to how it presents in the adult population. Comprehensive assessment as well as pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions are crucial to its successful management and frequently require input from an interdisciplinary team. Notwithstanding the need for further research, this paper brings together research papers, reviews, and clinical guidelines to present an exploration of existing evidence regarding care for children with neuropathic pain and their families.
- Neuropathic pain in people with cancer (part 2): pharmacological and non-pharmacological management.
- Authors: Taverner T
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Neuropathic pain: diagnosis, pathophysiological mechanisms, and treatment.
- Authors: Baron R, Binder A, Wasner G
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Management of neuropathic pain in children with cancer.
- Authors: Friedrichsdorf SJ, Nugent AP
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Neuropathic pain.
- Authors: Kerstman E, Ahn S, Battu S, Tariq S, Grabois M
- Issue date: 2013
- Neuropathic pain: a pathway for care developed by the British Pain Society.
- Authors: Smith BH, Lee J, Price C, Baranowski AP
- Issue date: 2013 Jul