The efficacy of fibrinogen concentrate compared with cryoprecipitate in major obstetric haemorrhage - an observational study.
Flynn, C M
O' Riordan, J M
Byrne, B M
AffiliationDepartment of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Coombe Women and Infants University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Blood Loss, Surgical
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe efficacy of fibrinogen concentrate compared with cryoprecipitate in major obstetric haemorrhage--an observational study. 2012, 22 (5):344-9 Transfus Med
JournalTransfusion medicine (Oxford, England)
AbstractFibrinogen replacement is critical in major obstetric haemorrhage (MOH). Purified, pasteurised fibrinogen concentrate appears to have benefit over cryoprecipitate in ease of administration and safety but is unlicensed in pregnancy. In July 2009, the Irish Blood Transfusion Service replaced cryoprecipitate with fibrinogen.
- Fibrinogen Concentrate as an Alternative to Cryoprecipitate in a Postcardiopulmonary Transfusion Algorithm in Infants Undergoing Cardiac Surgery: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Authors: Downey LA, Andrews J, Hedlin H, Kamra K, McKenzie ED, Hanley FL, Williams GD, Guzzetta NA
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- [Required laboratory examination and blood transfusion therapy in massive hemorrhage during surgery].
- Authors: Yamamoto K
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Comparison of cryoprecipitate with fibrinogen concentrate for acquired hypofibrinogenaemia.
- Authors: Theodoulou A, Berryman J, Nathwani A, Scully M
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Cryoprecipitate transfusion: assessing appropriateness and dosing in trauma.
- Authors: Nascimento B, Rizoli S, Rubenfeld G, Fukushima R, Ahmed N, Nathens A, Lin Y, Callum J
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Hemostatic effects of fibrinogen concentrate compared with cryoprecipitate in children after cardiac surgery: a randomized pilot trial.
- Authors: Galas FR, de Almeida JP, Fukushima JT, Vincent JL, Osawa EA, Zeferino S, Câmara L, Guimarães VA, Jatene MB, Hajjar LA
- Issue date: 2014 Oct