AffiliationMilford Care Centre, Plassey Park Road, Castletroy, Limerick, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHHealth Status Indicators
Quality of Life
MetadataShow full item record
CitationQuality-of-life assessment in advanced cancer. 2000, 2 (4):338-42 Curr Oncol Rep
JournalCurrent oncology reports
AbstractIn the past 5 years, quality-of-life (QOL) assessment measures such as the McGill, McMaster, Global Visual Analogue Scale, Assessment of QOL at the End of Life, Life Evaluation Questionnaire, and Hospice QOL Index have been devised specifically for patients with advanced cancer. The developers of these instruments have tried to respond to the changing needs of this specific population, taking into account characteristics including poor performance status, difficulty with longitudinal study, rapidly deteriorating physical condition, and change in relevant issues. Emphasis has been placed on patient report, ease and speed of completion, and the existential domain or meaning of life. Novel techniques in QOL measurement have also been adapted for palliative care, such as judgment analysis in the Schedule for the Evaluation of Individual Quality of Life. It is generally agreed that a single tool will not cover all QOL assessment needs.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Quality of life measurement in the palliative management of advanced cancer.
- Authors: Donnelly S, Rybicki L, Walsh D
- Issue date: 2001 Jul
- The applicability of quality-of-life assessment in palliative care: comparing two quality-of-life measures.
- Authors: Pratheepawanit N, Salek MS, Finlay IG
- Issue date: 1999 Jul
- Living with cancer: "good" days and "bad" days--what produces them? Can the McGill quality of life questionnaire distinguish between them?
- Authors: Cohen SR, Mount BM
- Issue date: 2000 Oct 15
- Quality of life in patients with advanced cancer at the end of life as measured by the McGill quality of life questionnaire: a survey in China.
- Authors: Cui J, Fang F, Shen F, Song L, Zhou L, Ma X, Zhao J
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- A cognitive-existential intervention to improve existential and global quality of life in cancer patients: A pilot study.
- Authors: Gagnon P, Fillion L, Robitaille MA, Girard M, Tardif F, Cochrane JP, Le Moignan Moreau J, Breitbart W
- Issue date: 2015 Aug