AffiliationDepartment of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. email@example.com
Ambulatory Surgical Procedures
Health Care Surveys
Physician's Practice Patterns
Surgical Procedures, Elective
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPre-operative testing for pregnancy in Dublin day surgery units. 2013, 182 (2):231-5 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractThe safety of anaesthetic agents in early pregnancy cannot be guaranteed. Certain types of surgery, particularly gynaecological, may also be dangerous. It is therefore important to ensure that, female patients are not inadvertently pregnant when undergoing elective surgery. Different hospitals have different policies and guidelines in place to determine female patients' pregnancy status prior to elective surgery.
- Utilization of preoperative urodynamic studies by Canadian gynaecologists.
- Authors: Lovatsis D, Drutz HP, Wilson D, Duggan P
- Issue date: 2002 Apr
- Cost benefit analysis of same day pregnancy tests in elective orthopaedic surgery.
- Authors: Hutzler L, Kraemer K, Palmer N, Albert D, Bosco JA
- Issue date: 2014
- Looking for the second patient: current practice and opinion on pre-operative pregnancy testing in Western Australia.
- Authors: Watts JC, Wong SZ, Faithfull TJ, Wylde K, McGurgan PM
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Reproductive health counseling and practices: a cross-sectional survey of bariatric surgeons.
- Authors: Chor J, Chico P, Ayloo S, Roston A, Kominiarek MA
- Issue date: 2015 Jan-Feb
- Preoperative laboratory testing in children undergoing elective surgery: analysis of current practice.
- Authors: Patel RI, DeWitt L, Hannallah RS
- Issue date: 1997 Nov