Increased use of multidisciplinary treatment modalities adds little to the outcome of rectal cancer treated by optimal total mesorectal excision.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Galway University Hospital, National University of Ireland, Galway, Republic of Ireland.
Combined Modality Therapy
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIncreased use of multidisciplinary treatment modalities adds little to the outcome of rectal cancer treated by optimal total mesorectal excision. 2012, 27 (10):1275-83 Int J Colorectal Dis
JournalInternational journal of colorectal disease
AbstractTotal mesorectal excision (TME) is the standard surgical treatment for rectal cancer. The roles of chemotherapy and radiotherapy have become more defined, accompanied by improvements in preoperative staging and histopathological assessment. We analyse our ongoing results in the light of changing patterns of treatment over consecutive time periods.
- [Local recurrence and survival rate after rectal cancer operations and multimodal therapy].
- Authors: Thomschke D, Kyau-Ummen B, Halbfass HJ
- Issue date: 2002 Mar
- Surgery for locally recurrent rectal cancer in the era of total mesorectal excision: is there still a chance for cure?
- Authors: Rahbari NN, Ulrich AB, Bruckner T, Münter M, Nickles A, Contin P, Löffler T, Reissfelder C, Koch M, Büchler MW, Weitz J
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- Long-term prognostic value of mesorectal grading after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancer.
- Authors: Madbouly KM, Hussein AM, Abdelzaher E
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Comparative Outcomes of Neoadjuvant Treatment Prior to Total Mesorectal Excision and Total Mesorectal Excision Alone in Selected Stage II/III Low and Mid Rectal Cancer.
- Authors: Kulu Y, Tarantino I, Billeter AT, Diener MK, Schmidt T, Büchler MW, Ulrich A
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Recent advances in multidisciplinary approach for rectal cancer.
- Authors: Oki E, Ando K, Kasagi Y, Zaitsu Y, Sugiyama M, Nakashima Y, Sonoda H, Ohgaki K, Saeki H, Maehara Y
- Issue date: 2015 Aug