AffiliationSt. Vincent's University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland. email@example.com
Carcinoma, Squamous Cell
Positron-Emission Tomography and Computed Tomography
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn 18FDG-PET/CT finding of a mediastinal abscess. 2013, 38 (2):e95-7 Clin Nucl Med
JournalClinical nuclear medicine
AbstractA 66-year-old man with left pyriform fossa squamous cell carcinoma (T2N0) was treated with chemoradiation. Nine months later, an emergency tracheostomy was performed for respiratory distress. Contrast-enhanced neck and thorax CT demonstrated a right pyriform mass. FDG-PET/CT showed linear increased uptake extending superiorly from the tracheostomy to the right Eustachian tube and inferiorly to the posterior mediastinum. Postmortem examination confirmed a 7 × 2.2 cm abscess extending from the right parapharyngeal, peritracheal, and prevertebral structures to the mediastinum.
- Positron emission tomography-computed tomography compared with invasive mediastinal staging in non-small cell lung cancer: results of mediastinal staging in the early lung positron emission tomography trial.
- Authors: Darling GE, Maziak DE, Inculet RI, Gulenchyn KY, Driedger AA, Ung YC, Gu CS, Kuruvilla MS, Cline KJ, Julian JA, Evans WK, Levine MN
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Organized urachal abscess mimicking urachal carcinoma on FDG PET/CT.
- Authors: Dong A, Zuo C, Wang Y, Lu J, Zhu H
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- False positive F-18 FDG PET/CT in neck and mediastinum lymph nodes due to anthracosis in a buccal cancer patient.
- Authors: Cheng NM, Yeh TW, Ho KC, Ng SH, Hsueh C, Yen TC, Liao CT
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- False-negative rate after positron emission tomography/computer tomography scan for mediastinal staging in cI stage non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Gómez-Caro A, Boada M, Cabañas M, Sanchez M, Arguis P, Lomeña F, Ramirez J, Molins L
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Parotid gland metastasis from squamous cell carcinoma of esophagus detected by FDG PET/CT.
- Authors: Hsieh TC, Wu YC, Sun SS, Yang CF, Kao CH
- Issue date: 2012 Oct