Problem alcohol use among problem drug users in primary care: a qualitative study of what patients think about screening and treatment.
AuthorsField, Catherine Anne
Smyth, Bobby P
AffiliationUCD School of Medicine and Medical Science, Coombe Healthcare Centre, Dolphins Barn, Dublin 8, Ireland.
Attitude of Health Personnel
Attitude to Health
Primary Health Care
MetadataShow full item record
CitationProblem alcohol use among problem drug users in primary care: a qualitative study of what patients think about screening and treatment. 2013, 14:98 BMC Fam Pract
JournalBMC family practice
AbstractProblem alcohol use is common and associated with considerable adverse outcomes among patients who attend primary care in Ireland and other European countries for opiate substitution treatment. This paper aims to describe patients' experience of, and attitude towards, screening and therapeutic interventions for problem alcohol use in primary care.
- Barriers and facilitators affecting the implementation of substance use screening in primary care clinics: a qualitative study of patients, providers, and staff.
- Authors: McNeely J, Kumar PC, Rieckmann T, Sedlander E, Farkas S, Chollak C, Kannry JL, Vega A, Waite EA, Peccoralo LA, Rosenthal RN, McCarty D, Rotrosen J
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 9
- Psychosocial Interventions for Problem Alcohol Use in Primary Care Settings (PINTA): Baseline Feasibility Data.
- Authors: Klimas J, Marie Henihan A, McCombe G, Swan D, Anderson R, Bury G, Dunne C, Keenan E, Saunders J, Shorter GW, Smyth BP, Cullen W
- Issue date: 2015
- The impact of knowledge on attitudes of emergency department staff towards patients with substance related presentations: a quantitative systematic review protocol.
- Authors: Clarke DE, Gonzalez M, Pereira A, Boyce-Gaudreau K, Waldman C, Demczuk L
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Problem alcohol use among problem drug users: development and content of clinical guidelines for general practice.
- Authors: Klimas J, Cullen W, Field CA, Problem Alcohol/Drug Use Guideline Development Group.
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Primary care and youth mental health in Ireland: qualitative study in deprived urban areas.
- Authors: Leahy D, Schaffalitzky E, Armstrong C, Bury G, Cussen-Murphy P, Davis R, Dooley B, Gavin B, Keane R, Keenan E, Latham L, Meagher D, McGorry P, McNicholas F, O'Connor R, O'Dea E, O'Keane V, O'Toole TP, Reilly E, Ryan P, Sanci L, Smyth BP, Cullen W
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 17