Coupling failure between stem and femoral component in a constrained revision total knee arthroplasty.
AffiliationDepartment of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, UPMC, Beacon Hospital Dublin, Ireland.
Arthroplasty, Replacement, Knee
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCoupling failure between stem and femoral component in a constrained revision total knee arthroplasty. 2013, 23 (2):162-3 J Coll Physicians Surg Pak
JournalJournal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons--Pakistan : JCPSP
AbstractKnee revision using constrained implants is associated with greater stresses on the implant and interface surfaces. The present report describes a case of failure of the screw coupling between the stem and the femoral component. The cause of the failure is surmised with outline of the treatment in this case with extensive femoral bone loss. Revision implant stability was augmented with the use of a cemented femoral stem, screw fixation and the metaphyseal sleeve of an S-ROM modular hip system (DePuy international Ltd).
- The use of a revision femoral stem to manage a distal femoral periprosthetic fracture in a well-fixed total knee arthroplasty.
- Authors: Jeavons RP, Dowen D, O'Brien S
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Periprosthetic femoral fracture after a well-fixed revision total knee arthroplasty treated with in situ effective lengthening of prosthesis.
- Authors: Mody BS, Khandelwal AO, Wala AC
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- [Osteosynthesis for periprosthetic supracondylar fracture above a total knee arthroplasty using a locking compression plate].
- Authors: Krbec M, Motycka J, Lunácek L, Dousa P
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Repeated early failure of a newly designed hinged knee system.
- Authors: Lee JK, Chatrath V, Kim PR
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Periprosthetic fractures associated with total knee arthroplasty: an update.
- Authors: Konan S, Sandiford N, Unno F, Masri BS, Garbuz DS, Duncan CP
- Issue date: 2016 Nov