Clinical unity and community empowerment: the use of smartphone technology to empower community management of chronic venous ulcers through the support of a tertiary unit.
AuthorsQuinn, Edel Marie
Corrigan, Mark A
Lehane, Elaine A
Redmond, Henry Paul
Fulton, Greg J
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClinical unity and community empowerment: the use of smartphone technology to empower community management of chronic venous ulcers through the support of a tertiary unit. 2013, 8 (11):e78786 PLoS ONE
AbstractChronic ulcers affect roughly 60,000 Irish people, at a total cost of €600,000,000, or €10,000 per patient annually. By virtue of their chronicity, these ulcers also contribute a significant burden to tertiary outpatient vascular clinics.
- Community-based care for chronic wound management: an evidence-based analysis.
- Authors: Medical Advisory Secretariat.
- Issue date: 2009
- Early versus deferred endovenous ablation of superficial venous reflux in patients with venous ulceration: the EVRA RCT.
- Authors: Gohel MS, Heatley F, Liu X, Bradbury A, Bulbulia R, Cullum N, Epstein DM, Nyamekye I, Poskitt KR, Renton S, Warwick J, Davies AH
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Mobile technologies to support healthcare provider to healthcare provider communication and management of care.
- Authors: Gonçalves-Bradley DC, J Maria AR, Ricci-Cabello I, Villanueva G, Fønhus MS, Glenton C, Lewin S, Henschke N, Buckley BS, Mehl GL, Tamrat T, Shepperd S
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 18
- Assessment and management of leg ulcers in the community and an outpatient clinic.
- Authors: Benoiton LA, Schmidt E, Tarr GP, Thomson IA, Rennie SC, van Rij AM
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 25
- Interventions for helping people adhere to compression treatments for venous leg ulceration.
- Authors: Weller CD, Buchbinder R, Johnston RV
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 6