AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology and Diabetes Mellitus, Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBarriers to exercise in obese patients with type 2 diabetes. 2013, 106 (7):635-8 QJM
JournalQJM : monthly journal of the Association of Physicians
AbstractAlthough regular exercise is a critical component of the management of type 2 diabetes, many patients do not meet their exercise targets. Lack of exercise is associated with obesity and adverse cardiovascular outcomes.
- Cultural factors and patients' adherence to lifestyle measures.
- Authors: Serour M, Alqhenaei H, Al-Saqabi S, Mustafa AR, Ben-Nakhi A
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- Health behaviour and quality of life of patients with type 2 diabetes attending selected hospitals in south western Nigeria.
- Authors: Oguntibeju OO, Odunaiya N, Oladipo B, Truter EJ
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Are self-management interventions suitable for all? Comparing obese versus nonobese type 2 diabetes patients.
- Authors: Kroese FM, Adriaanse MA, De Ridder DT
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Perceived barriers to leisure time physical activity in adults with type 2 diabetes attending primary healthcare in Oman: a cross-sectional survey.
- Authors: Alghafri T, Alharthi SM, Al Farsi YM, Bannerman E, Craigie AM, Anderson AS
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 3
- Changes in physical fitness predict improvements in modifiable cardiovascular risk factors independently of body weight loss in subjects with type 2 diabetes participating in the Italian Diabetes and Exercise Study (IDES).
- Authors: Balducci S, Zanuso S, Cardelli P, Salvi L, Mazzitelli G, Bazuro A, Iacobini C, Nicolucci A, Pugliese G, Italian Diabetes Exercise Study (IDES) Investigators.
- Issue date: 2012 Jun