Gene expression analysis in prostate cancer: the importance of the endogenous control.
Madden, Stephen F
Lynch, Thomas H
Perry, Antoinette S
AffiliationProstate Molecular Oncology, Academic Unit of Clinical and Molecular Oncology, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Gene Expression Regulation, Neoplastic
Glutathione S-Transferase pi
Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1, alpha Subunit
Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction
Tumor Cells, Cultured
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVajda A et al. Gene expression analysis in prostate cancer: the importance of the endogenous control. Prostate. 2013, 73 (4):382-90
AbstractAberrant gene expression is a hallmark of cancer. Quantitative reverse-transcription PCR (qRT-PCR) is the gold-standard for quantifying gene expression, and commonly employs a house-keeping gene (HKG) as an endogenous control to normalize results; the choice of which is critical for accurate data interpretation. Many factors, including sample type, pathological state, and oxygen levels influence gene expression including putative HKGs. The aim of this study was to determine the suitability of commonly used HKGs for qRT-PCR in prostate cancer.
- Selection of housekeeping genes for use in quantitative reverse transcription PCR assays on the murine cornea.
- Authors: Ren S, Zhang F, Li C, Jia C, Li S, Xi H, Zhang H, Yang L, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 11
- Docetaxel maintains its cytotoxic activity under hypoxic conditions in prostate cancer cells.
- Authors: Forde JC, Perry AS, Brennan K, Martin LM, Lawler MP, Lynch TH, Hollywood D, Marignol L
- Issue date: 2012 Nov-Dec
- Human hormone-refractory prostate cancers can harbor mutations in the O(2)-dependent degradation domain of hypoxia inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha).
- Authors: Anastasiadis AG, Ghafar MA, Salomon L, Vacherot F, Benedit P, Chen MW, Shabsigh A, Burchardt M, Chopin DK, Shabsigh R, Buttyan R
- Issue date: 2002 Jul
- The relationship between proangiogenic gene expression levels in prostate cancer and their prognostic value for clinical outcomes.
- Authors: Mori R, Dorff TB, Xiong S, Tarabolous CJ, Ye W, Groshen S, Danenberg KD, Danenberg PV, Pinski JK
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 1
- Validation of suitable house keeping genes for hypoxia-cultured human chondrocytes.
- Authors: Foldager CB, Munir S, Ulrik-Vinther M, Søballe K, Bünger C, Lind M
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 9