Development of a label-free LC-MS/MS strategy to approach the identification of candidate protein biomarkers of disease recurrence in prostate cancer patients in a clinical trial of combined hormone and radiation therapy.
Shannon, Aoife M
Pennington, Stephen R
AffiliationConway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationRADIATION THERAPY
MeSHAntineoplastic Agents, Hormonal
Chromatography, High Pressure Liquid
Combined Modality Therapy
Principal Component Analysis
Tandem Mass Spectrometry
Tumor Markers, Biological
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMorrissey B et al. Development of a label-free LC-MS/MS strategy to approach the identification of candidate protein biomarkers of disease recurrence in prostate cancer patients in a clinical trial of combined hormone and radiation therapy. Proteomics Clin Appl. 2013, 7 (5-6):316-26
JournalProteomics. Clinical applications
AbstractCombined hormone and radiation therapy (CHRT) is one of the principle curative regimes for localised prostate cancer (PCa). Following treatment, many patients subsequently experience disease recurrence however; current diagnostics tests fail to predict the onset of disease recurrence. Biomarkers that address this issue would be of significant advantage.
- Discovery and Longitudinal Evaluation of Candidate Protein Biomarkers for Disease Recurrence in Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Tonry CL, Doherty D, O'Shea C, Morrissey B, Staunton L, Flatley B, Shannon A, Armstrong J, Pennington SR
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 2
- Isotope coded protein label quantification of serum proteins--comparison with the label-free LC-MS and validation using the MRM approach.
- Authors: Turtoi A, Mazzucchelli GD, De Pauw E
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 15
- Analysis of human serum by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry: improved sample preparation and data analysis.
- Authors: Govorukhina NI, Reijmers TH, Nyangoma SO, van der Zee AG, Jansen RC, Bischoff R
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 7
- Serum biomarkers analyzed by LC-MS/MS as predictors for short outcome of non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with chemoradiotherapy.
- Authors: Huang W, Ding X, Li B, Fan M, Zhou T, Sun H, Yi Y, Zhang J
- Issue date: 2013
- Radiotherapy combined with hormonal therapy (RT-HT) in prostate cancer patients with low, intermediate, and high risk of biochemical recurrence: perspective and therapeutic gain analysis.
- Authors: Milecki P, Kwias Z, Martenka DJ
- Issue date: 2007