Maternal and neonatal morbidity during off peak hours in a busy obstetric unit. Are deliveries after midnight more complicated?
AffiliationNational Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationOBSTETRICS
Obstetric Labor Complications
Personnel Staffing and Scheduling
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHehir MP et al. Maternal and neonatal morbidity during off peak hours in a busy obstetric unit. Are deliveries after midnight more complicated? 2014, 93 (2):189-93 Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand
JournalActa obstetricia et gynecologica Scandinavica
AbstractWe sought to compare maternal and neonatal outcomes in deliveries occurring overnight with those in daylight hours.
- Birth "Out-of-Hours": An Evaluation of Obstetric Practice and Outcome According to the Presence of Senior Obstetricians on the Labour Ward.
- Authors: Knight HE, van der Meulen JH, Gurol-Urganci I, Smith GC, Kiran A, Thornton S, Richmond D, Cameron A, Cromwell DA
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Asphyxia of the newborn in east, central and southern Africa.
- Authors: Kinoti SN
- Issue date: 1993 Jul
- A prospective cohort study of maternal and neonatal morbidity in relation to use of episiotomy at operative vaginal delivery.
- Authors: Macleod M, Strachan B, Bahl R, Howarth L, Goyder K, Van de Venne M, Murphy DJ
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- A prospective cohort study of the morbidity associated with operative vaginal deliveries performed by day and at night.
- Authors: Butler K, Ramphul M, Dunney C, Farren M, McSweeney A, McNamara K, Murphy DJ
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 29
- Obstetric anal sphincter injury, risk factors and method of delivery - an 8-year analysis across two tertiary referral centers.
- Authors: Hehir MP, O'Connor HD, Higgins S, Robson MS, McAuliffe FM, Boylan PC, Malone FD, Mahony R
- Issue date: 2013 Oct