Development and application of FRAX in the management of osteoporosis in Ireland.
AffiliationThe North Western Rheumatology Unit, Our Lady's Hospital, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim, Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMcGowan B et al. Development and application of FRAX in the management of osteoporosis in Ireland. Arch Osteoporos. 2013, 8 (1-2):146
JournalArchives of osteoporosis
AbstractThe Irish Fracture Risk Assessment (FRAX) tool is the first fracture prediction model that has been calibrated using national hip fracture incidence data and Irish mortality rates. The Irish FRAX tool can be used to identify intervention thresholds for Ireland based on the fracture probability equivalent to that of a woman with a prior fracture.
- Calibration of FRAX ® 3.1 to the Dutch population with data on the epidemiology of hip fractures.
- Authors: Lalmohamed A, Welsing PM, Lems WF, Jacobs JW, Kanis JA, Johansson H, De Boer A, De Vries F
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- FRAX-based intervention and assessment thresholds for osteoporosis in Romania.
- Authors: Grigorie D, Sucaliuc A, Johansson H, Kanis JA, McCloskey E
- Issue date: 2013
- FRAX- vs. T-score-based intervention thresholds for osteoporosis.
- Authors: Johansson H, Azizieh F, Al Ali N, Alessa T, Harvey NC, McCloskey E, Kanis JA
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Direct comparison of eight national FRAX® tools for fracture prediction and treatment qualification in Canadian women.
- Authors: Leslie WD, Brennan SL, Lix LM, Johansson H, Oden A, McCloskey E, Kanis JA
- Issue date: 2013
- Construction of a FRAX® model for the assessment of fracture probability in Canada and implications for treatment.
- Authors: Leslie WD, Lix LM, Langsetmo L, Berger C, Goltzman D, Hanley DA, Adachi JD, Johansson H, Oden A, McCloskey E, Kanis JA
- Issue date: 2011 Mar