Nocardia kroppenstedtii sp. nov., an actinomycete isolated from a lung transplant patient with a pulmonary infection.
AuthorsJones, Amanda L
Fisher, Andrew J
Perry, John D
Hannan, Margaret M
Judge, Eoin P
AffiliationSchool of Biology, University Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, UK.
Local subject classificationLUNG
MeSHBacterial Typing Techniques
Molecular Sequence Data
Nucleic Acid Hybridization
RNA, Ribosomal, 16S
Sequence Analysis, DNA
Vitamin K 2
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNocardia kroppenstedtii sp. nov., an actinomycete isolated from a lung transplant patient with a pulmonary infection. 2014, 64 (Pt 3):751-4 Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol.
JournalInternational journal of systematic and evolutionary microbiology
AbstractA novel actinomycete, strain N1286(T), isolated from a lung transplant patient with a pulmonary infection, was provisionally assigned to the genus Nocardia. The strain had chemotaxonomic and morphological properties typical of members of the genus Nocardia and formed a distinct phyletic line in the Nocardia 16S rRNA gene tree. Isolate N1286(T) was most closely related to Nocardia farcinica DSM 43665(T) (99.8% gene sequence similarity) but could be distinguished from the latter by the low level of DNA-DNA relatedness. These strains were also distinguishable on the basis of a broad range of phenotypic properties. It is concluded that strain N1286(T) represents a novel species of the genus Nocardia for which the name Nocardia kroppenstedtii sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is N1286(T) ( = DSM 45810(T) = NCTC 13617(T)).
- Nocardia rhizosphaerihabitans sp. nov., a novel actinomycete isolated from a coastal soil.
- Authors: Ding P, Bai JL, Wang TT, Sun Y, Cao CL, Jiang JH, Qin S
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Nocardia shimofusensis sp. nov., isolated from soil, and Nocardia higoensis sp. nov., isolated from a patient with lung nocardiosis in Japan.
- Authors: Kageyama A, Yazawa K, Mukai A, Kinoshita M, Takata N, Nishimura K, Kroppenstedt RM, Mikami Y
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Nocardia sungurluensis sp. nov., isolated from soil.
- Authors: Camas M, Veyisoglu A, Sahin N
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Nocardia camponoti sp. nov., an actinomycete isolated from the head of an ant (Camponotus japonicas Mayr).
- Authors: Liu C, Guan X, Li Y, Li W, Ye L, Kong X, Song J, Wang X, Xiang W
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Nocardiajiangsuensis sp. nov., an actinomycete isolated from coastal soil.
- Authors: Bai JL, Wang Y, Qin S, Ding P, Xing K, Yuan B, Cao CL, Huang Y, Zhang YQ, Jiang JH
- Issue date: 2016 Nov