Impact of antihypertensive combination and monotreatments on blood pressure variability: assessment by old and new indices. Data from a large ambulatory blood pressure monitoring database.
Local subject classificationHYPERTENSION
Blood Pressure Monitoring, Ambulatory
Clinical Trials as Topic
Drug Therapy, Combination
Reproducibility of Results
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationParati, G. et al., 2015. Impact of antihypertensive combination and monotreatments on blood pressure variability: assessment by old and new indices. Data from a large ambulatory blood pressure monitoring database. 2014, 32 (6):1326-33 J. Hypertens.
JournalJournal of hypertension
AbstractHigh 24-h ambulatory blood pressure (ABP) variability is associated with poor cardiovascular outcomes. We analysed a large ABP monitoring database containing data from hypertensive patients treated with telmisartan/amlodipine combination or various monotherapies with the aim of quantifying the 24-h distribution of blood pressure (BP) reduction by treatment through the smoothness index and of developing and testing a new treatment-on-variability index (TOVI) to quantify the effects of treatment on both mean BP and BP variability.
- Evaluating 24-h antihypertensive efficacy by the smoothness index: a meta-analysis of an ambulatory blood pressure monitoring database.
- Authors: Parati G, Schumacher H, Bilo G, Mancia G
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Blood pressure variability over 24 h: prognostic implications and treatment perspectives. An assessment using the smoothness index with telmisartan-amlodipine monotherapy and combination.
- Authors: Parati G, Schumacher H
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Effects of telmisartan and amlodipine in combination on ambulatory blood pressure in stages 1-2 hypertension.
- Authors: White WB, Littlejohn TW, Majul CR, Oigman W, Olvera R, Seeber M, Schumacher H, Mancia G
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- A comparison of the effects of fixed dose vs. single-agent combinations on 24-h blood pressure variability.
- Authors: Ulusoy S, Ozkan G, Konca C, Kaynar K
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Comparative effects of telmisartan and valsartan as add-on agents for hypertensive patients with morning blood pressure insufficiently controlled by amlodipine monotherapy.
- Authors: Yoshida H, Akasaka H, Saitoh S, Shimamoto K, Miura T, SPEED investigators.
- Issue date: 2014 Mar