Clinical, immunological and treatment-related factors associated with normalised CD4+/CD8+ T-cell ratio: effect of naïve and memory T-cell subsets.
Lambert, John S
Sheehan, Gerard J
Mallon, Patrick W G
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClinical, immunological and treatment-related factors associated with normalised CD4+/CD8+ T-cell ratio: effect of naïve and memory T-cell subsets. 2014, 9 (5):e97011 PLoS ONE
AbstractAlthough effective antiretroviral therapy(ART) increases CD4+ T-cell count, responses to ART vary considerably and only a minority of patients normalise their CD4+/CD8+ ratio. Although retention of naïve CD4+ T-cells is thought to predict better immune responses, relationships between CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell subsets and CD4+/CD8+ ratio have not been well described.
SponsorsWork was supported by an unrestricted fund from GlaxoSmithKline. http://www.gsk.ie/gsk_at_a_glance/glaxosmithkline_dublin.html. The funder shad no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript.
- Determinants of CD4+ T cell recovery during suppressive antiretroviral therapy: association of immune activation, T cell maturation markers, and cellular HIV-1 DNA.
- Authors: Goicoechea M, Smith DM, Liu L, May S, Tenorio AR, Ignacio CC, Landay A, Haubrich R
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 1
- Association of CD8+ T lymphocyte subsets with the most commonly used markers to monitor HIV type 1 infection in children treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy.
- Authors: Navarro J, Resino S, Bellón JM, Abad ML, Gurbindo D, Fernández-Cruz E, Muñóz-Fernández MA
- Issue date: 2001 Apr 10
- Interferon lambda rs368234815 ΔG/ΔG is associated with higher CD4<sup>+</sup>:CD8<sup>+</sup> T-cell ratio in treated HIV-1 infection.
- Authors: Freitas IT, Tinago W, Sawa H, McAndrews J, Doak B, Prior-Fuller C, Sheehan G, Lambert JS, Muldoon E, Cotter AG, Hall WW, Mallon PWG, Carr MJ
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 15
- HIV-1-infected children on HAART: immunologic features of three different levels of viral suppression.
- Authors: Zaccarelli-Filho CA, Ono E, Machado DM, Brunialti M, Succi RC, Salomão R, Kallás EG, de Moraes-Pinto MI
- Issue date: 2007 Jan 15
- The effect of interrupted anti-retroviral treatment on the reconstitution of memory and naive T cells during tuberculosis treatment in HIV patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Authors: Nalukwago S, Lancioni CL, Oketcho JB, Canaday DHE, Boom WH, Ojok L, Mayanja-Kizza H
- Issue date: 2017 Dec