Effects of an eight-week supervised, structured lifestyle modification programme on anthropometric, metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors in severely obese adults.
O Shea, Paula M
O Brien, Tim
Finucane, Francis M
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEffects of an eight-week supervised, structured lifestyle modification programme on anthropometric, metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors in severely obese adults. 2015, 15:37 BMC Endocr Disord
PublisherBMC Endocrine Disorders
JournalBMC endocrine disorders
AbstractLifestyle modification is fundamental to obesity treatment, but few studies have described the effects of structured lifestyle programmes specifically in bariatric patients. We sought to describe changes in anthropometric and metabolic characteristics in a cohort of bariatric patients after participation in a nurse-led, structured lifestyle programme.
- Changes in predicted cardiovascular disease risk after biliopancreatic diversion surgery in severely obese patients.
- Authors: Piché MÈ, Martin J, Cianflone K, Bastien M, Marceau S, Biron S, Hould FS, Poirier P
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- The effect of a supported exercise programme in patients with newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetes: a pilot study.
- Authors: Backx K, McCann A, Wasley D, Dunseath G, Luzio S, Owens D
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- Evolution of subclinical hypothyroidism and its relation with glucose and triglycerides levels in morbidly obese patients after undergoing sleeve gastrectomy as bariatric procedure.
- Authors: Ruiz-Tovar J, Boix E, Galindo I, Zubiaga L, Diez M, Arroyo A, Calpena R
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Modification of cardiometabolic profile in obese diabetic patients after bariatric surgery: changes in cardiovascular risk.
- Authors: Pujante P, Hellín MD, Fornovi A, Martínez Camblor P, Ferrer M, García-Zafra V, Hernández AM, Frutos MD, Luján-Monpeán J, Tébar J
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Preventing metabolic syndrome in morbid obesity with resistance training: Reporting interindividual variability.
- Authors: Delgado-Floody P, Álvarez C, Lusa Cadore E, Flores-Opazo M, Caamaño-Navarrete F, Izquierdo M
- Issue date: 2019 Dec