Injection of new psychoactive substance snow blow associated with recently acquired HIV infections among homeless people who inject drugs in Dublin, Ireland, 2015.
De Gascun, Cillian
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInjection of new psychoactive substance snow blow associated with recently acquired HIV infections among homeless people who inject drugs in Dublin, Ireland, 2015. 2015, 20 (40): Euro Surveill.
PublisherEuro surveillance : bulletin Européen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
JournalEuro surveillance : bulletin Européen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
AbstractIn February 2015, an outbreak of recently acquired HIV infections among people who inject drugs (PWID) was identified in Dublin, following similar outbreaks in Greece and Romania in 2011. We compared drug and risk behaviours among 15 HIV cases and 39 controls. Injecting a synthetic cathinone, snow blow, was associated with recent HIV infection (AOR: 49; p = 0.003). Prevention and control efforts are underway among PWID in Dublin, but may also be needed elsewhere in Europe.
- Understanding the Intersection of Behavioral Risk and Social Determinants of Health and the Impact on an Outbreak of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Among Persons Who Inject Drugs in Philadelphia.
- Authors: Kim MM, Conyngham SC, Smith C, Higgins D, Nassau T, Terrell C, Brady KA
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 2
- HIV outbreaks among people who inject drugs in Europe, North America, and Israel.
- Authors: Des Jarlais DC, Sypsa V, Feelemyer J, Abagiu AO, Arendt V, Broz D, Chemtob D, Seguin-Devaux C, Duwve JM, Fitzgerald M, Goldberg DJ, Hatzakis A, Jipa RE, Katchman E, Keenan E, Khan I, Konrad S, McAuley A, Skinner S, Wiessing L
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Risk behaviours of homeless people who inject drugs during an outbreak of hepatitis C, Northern Ireland, 2016-2017.
- Authors: Maisa A, Semple S, Griffiths A, Ngui SL, Verlander NQ, McCaughey C, Doherty L, Jessop L, Outbreak Control Team.
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- The risk of HIV transmission at each step of the HIV care continuum among people who inject drugs: a modeling study.
- Authors: Escudero DJ, Lurie MN, Mayer KH, King M, Galea S, Friedman SR, Marshall BDL
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 25
- Injection of cocaine is associated with a recent HIV outbreak in people who inject drugs in Luxembourg.
- Authors: Arendt V, Guillorit L, Origer A, Sauvageot N, Vaillant M, Fischer A, Goedertz H, François JH, Alexiev I, Staub T, Seguin-Devaux C
- Issue date: 2019