Understanding Women's Differing Experiences of Distress after Colposcopy: A Qualitative Interview Study.
Martin, Cara M
O'Leary, John J
Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia
Early Detection of Cancer
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
Interviews as Topic
Surveys and Questionnaires
Uterine Cervical Neoplasms
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUnderstanding Women's Differing Experiences of Distress after Colposcopy: A Qualitative Interview Study., 25 (5):528-34 Womens Health Issues
JournalWomen's health issues : official publication of the Jacobs Institute of Women's Health
AbstractWomen who have an abnormal cervical cytology test may be referred for a colposcopy. Accumulating evidence suggests some women may experience distress after colposcopy. This exploratory study examined women's differing experiences of post-colposcopy distress with the aim of identifying factors that are predictive of, or protective against, distress.
- Long-Term Worries after Colposcopy: Which Women Are at Increased Risk?
- Authors: Sharp L, Cotton SC, Cruickshank ME, Gray NM, Neal K, Rothnie K, Thornton AJ, Walker LG, Little J, TOMBOLA Group.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep-Oct
- Factors associated with psychological distress following colposcopy among women with low-grade abnormal cervical cytology: a prospective study within the Trial Of Management of Borderline and Other Low-grade Abnormal smears (TOMBOLA).
- Authors: Sharp L, Cotton S, Carsin AE, Gray N, Thornton A, Cruickshank M, Little J, TOMBOLA Group.
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Correlates of psychological distress immediately following colposcopy.
- Authors: Kola-Palmer S, Walsh JC
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Qualitative insights into the psychological stress before and during colposcopy: a focus group study.
- Authors: Bosgraaf RP, de Jager WC, Servaes P, Prins JB, Massuger LF, Bekkers RL
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- 'I don't care whether it's HPV or ABC, I just want to know if I have cancer.' Factors influencing women's emotional responses to undergoing human papillomavirus testing in routine management in cervical screening: a qualitative study.
- Authors: O'Connor M, Costello L, Murphy J, Prendiville W, Martin CM, O'Leary JJ, Sharp L, Irish Screening Research Consortium (CERVIVA).
- Issue date: 2014 Oct