Trial of labour after caesarean section and the risk of neonatal and infant death: a nationwide cohort study.
AuthorsO'Neill, Sinéad M
Khashan, Ali S
Kearney, Patricia M
Henriksen, Tine Brink
Greene, Richard A
Kenny, Louise C
Cesarean Section, Repeat
Elective Surgical Procedures
Trial of Labor
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTrial of labour after caesarean section and the risk of neonatal and infant death: a nationwide cohort study. 2017, 17 (1):74 BMC Pregnancy Childbirth
PublisherBMC Pregnancy and Childbirth
JournalBMC pregnancy and childbirth
AbstractCaesarean section (CS) rates are increasing worldwide and as a result repeat CS is common. The optimal mode of delivery in women with one previous CS is widely debated and the risks to the infant are understudied. The aim of the current study was to evaluate if women with a trial of labour after caesarean (TOLAC) had an increased odds of neonatal and infant death compared to women with an elective repeat CS (ERCS).
- Are There Differences between Women who Choose Elective Repeat Caesarean Versus Trial of Labour in St. John's, NL?
- Authors: Groves P, Neveu J, Cook C, Murphy P, Crane JMG
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Neonatal outcome after trial of labor or elective cesarean section in relation to the indication for the previous cesarean delivery.
- Authors: Fagerberg MC, Marsal K, Källen K
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Why women with previous caesarean and eligible for a trial of labour have an elective repeat caesarean delivery? A national study in France.
- Authors: Bartolo S, Goffinet F, Blondel B, Deneux-Tharaux C
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Trial of labor compared to repeat cesarean section in women with no other risk factors than a prior cesarean delivery.
- Authors: Studsgaard A, Skorstengaard M, Glavind J, Hvidman L, Uldbjerg N
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Validation of a prediction model for predicting the probability of morbidity related to a trial of labour in Quebec.
- Authors: Chaillet N, Bujold E, Dubé E, Grobman WA
- Issue date: 2012 Sep