Needs of informal caregivers across the caregiving course in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a qualitative analysis.
Motor Neurone Disease
Local subject classificationAmyotrophic lateral sclerosis
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNeeds of informal caregivers across the caregiving course in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a qualitative analysis. 2018, 8 (1):e018721 BMJ Open
AbstractAmyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as motor neuron disease (MND), is a debilitating terminal condition. Informal caregivers are key figures in ALS care provision. The physical, psychological and emotional impact of providing care in the home requires appropriate assistance and support. The objective of this analysis is to explore the needs of informal ALS caregivers across the caregiving course.
- From first symptoms to diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: perspectives of an Irish informal caregiver cohort-a thematic analysis.
- Authors: Galvin M, Gaffney R, Corr B, Mays I, Hardiman O
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 20
- Caregiving in ALS - a mixed methods approach to the study of Burden.
- Authors: Galvin M, Corr B, Madden C, Mays I, McQuillan R, Timonen V, Staines A, Hardiman O
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 5
- Experiences of burden, needs, rewards and resilience in family caregivers of people living with Motor Neurone Disease/Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: A secondary thematic analysis of qualitative interviews.
- Authors: Weisser FB, Bristowe K, Jackson D
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Mutual support groups for family caregivers of people with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in Italy: A pilot study.
- Authors: Cipolletta S, Gammino GR, Francescon P, Palmieri A
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- A blended psychosocial support program for partners of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and progressive muscular atrophy: protocol of a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: de Wit J, Beelen A, Drossaert CHC, Kolijn R, van den Berg LH, Visser-Meily JMA, Schröder CD
- Issue date: 2018 May 2