Development and psychometric testing of the clinical leadership needs analysis (CLeeNA) instrument for nurses and midwives.
AuthorsMc Carthy, Vera J C
Keywordsclinical leadership needs
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherJournal of Nursing Management
JournalJournal of Nursing Management
AbstractThe aim of this study is to report the development and psychometric testing of the clinical leadership needs analysis instrument (CLeeNA). Limited emphasis is placed on the clinical leadership needs of nurses and midwives that are fundamental to supporting the delivery of high quality, safe patient care. A development and validation study of CLeeNA was undertaken using cross-sectional data. A sample of 324 registered nurses and midwives completed the questionnaire using a 7-point adjectival scale. Principal component analysis was conducted to explore scale grouping of items (n = 103 items). Principal component analysis, item reduction and parallel analysis on the items of the instrument resulted in seven factors consisting of 56 items. These factors were identified as: Staff and Care Delivery; Technology and Care Initiatives; Self and Team Development; Standards of Care; Financial and Service Management; Leadership and Clinical Practice; Patient Safety and Risk Management.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States
- Perceived importance and performance of clinical leadership in practice: A cross-sectional study of nurses and midwives of all grades.
- Authors: Mc Carthy VJC, Murphy A, Savage E, Hegarty J, Coffey A, Leahy-Warren P, Horgan A, O'Connell R, Marsh L, Drennan J
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- A short version of the nurse professional competence scale for measuring nurses' self-reported competence.
- Authors: Nilsson J, Engström M, Florin J, Gardulf A, Carlsson M
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- The development and psychometric testing of a theory-based instrument to evaluate nurses' perception of clinical reasoning competence.
- Authors: Liou SR, Liu HC, Tsai HM, Tsai YH, Lin YC, Chang CH, Cheng CY
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Identifying leadership development needs.
- Authors: Casey M
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 14-20
- The Development and Psychometric Testing on Psychiatric Nurses of a Nurse Case Management Competence Scale in Taiwan.
- Authors: Chen SC, Lee SK, Rong JR, Wu CC, Liu WI
- Issue date: 2018 Apr