Maternal body mass index and the prevalence of spontaneous and elective preterm deliveries in an Irish obstetric population: a retrospective cohort study.
AffiliationCentre for Human Reproduction, University College Dublin, Coombe Women and Infants University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
obesity in pregnancy
spontaneous preterm birth
BODY MASS INDEX
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVinturache A, McKeating A, Daly N, et al Maternal body mass index and the prevalence of spontaneous and elective preterm deliveries in an Irish obstetric population: a retrospective cohort study BMJ Open 2017;7:e015258. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-015258
AbstractTo estimate the association between maternal body mass index (BMI) and risk of spontaneous preterm delivery (sPTD) and elective preterm delivery (ePTD) in singleton and multiple pregnancies. Retrospective cohort study. Electronic records of all deliveries from 2009 through 2013 in a tertiary university hospital were abstracted for demographic and obstetrical information. A total of 38 528 deliveries were included. Participants with missing data were excluded from the study. BMI was calculated from the measurement of height and weight at the first prenatal visit and categorised. Sonographic confirmation of gestational age was standard.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States
- Spontaneous and indicated preterm delivery risk is increased among overweight and obese women without prepregnancy chronic disease.
- Authors: Kim SS, Mendola P, Zhu Y, Hwang BS, Grantz KL
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Obstetric antecedents for preterm delivery.
- Authors: Slattery MM, Geary M, Morrison JJ
- Issue date: 2008
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes of extreme obesity in pregnancy.
- Authors: Crane JM, Murphy P, Burrage L, Hutchens D
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Maternal early pregnancy body mass index and risk of preterm birth.
- Authors: Wang T, Zhang J, Lu X, Xi W, Li Z
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Maternal obesity and risk of preterm delivery.
- Authors: Cnattingius S, Villamor E, Johansson S, Edstedt Bonamy AK, Persson M, Wikström AK, Granath F
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 12