Association between caesarean section delivery and obesity in childhood: a longitudinal cohort study in Ireland.
McCarthy, Fergus P
Baker, Philip N
Kenny, Louise C
Morton, Susan Mb
Murray, Deirdre M
Hourihane, Jonathan O'B
Khashan, Ali S
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo investigate the association between caesarean section (CS) birth and body fat percentage (BF%), body mass index (BMI) and being overweight or obese in early childhood. Prospective longitudinal cohort study. Babies After Screening for Pregnancy Endpoints: Evaluating the Longitudinal Impact on Neurological and Nutritional Endpoints cohort. Infants born to mothers recruited from the Screening for Pregnancy Endpoints study, Cork University Maternity Hospital between November 2007 and February 2011.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States
- The Impact of Caesarean Section on the Risk of Childhood Overweight and Obesity: New Evidence from a Contemporary Cohort Study.
- Authors: Masukume G, O'Neill SM, Baker PN, Kenny LC, Morton SMB, Khashan AS
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 11
- Investigating Caesarean Section Birth as a Risk Factor for Childhood Overweight.
- Authors: Lavin T, Preen DB
- Issue date: 2018 Feb/Mar
- Caesarean delivery, caesarean delivery on maternal request and childhood overweight: a Chinese birth cohort study of 181 380 children.
- Authors: Li H, Ye R, Pei L, Ren A, Zheng X, Liu J
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Does vaginal delivery mitigate or strengthen the intergenerational association of overweight and obesity? Findings from the Boston Birth Cohort.
- Authors: Mueller NT, Mao G, Bennet WL, Hourigan SK, Dominguez-Bello MG, Appel LJ, Wang X
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Association of caesarean delivery with child adiposity from age 6 weeks to 15 years.
- Authors: Blustein J, Attina T, Liu M, Ryan AM, Cox LM, Blaser MJ, Trasande L
- Issue date: 2013 Jul