Moderate-intensity aerobic and resistance exercise is safe and favorably influences body composition in patients with quiescent Inflammatory Bowel Disease: a randomized controlled cross-over trial.
Molloy, Catherine B
Cotter, Paul D
Molloy, Michael G
INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImproved physical fitness was demonstrated in the exercise group by increases in median estimated VO2max (Baseline: 43.41mls/kg/min; post-intervention: 46.01mls/kg/min; p = 0.03). Improvement in body composition was achieved by the intervention group (n = 13) with a median decrease of 2.1% body fat compared with a non-exercising group (n = 7) (0.1% increase; p = 0.022). Lean tissue mass increased by a median of 1.59 kg and fat mass decreased by a median of 1.52 kg in the exercising group. No patients experienced a deterioration in disease activity scores during the exercise intervention. No clinically significant alterations in the α- and β-diversity of gut microbiota and associated metabolic pathways were evident.
- Short-term high-intensity interval training exercise does not affect gut bacterial community diversity or composition of lean and overweight men.
- Authors: Rettedal EA, Cree JME, Adams SE, MacRae C, Skidmore PML, Cameron-Smith D, Gant N, Blenkiron C, Merry TL
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Impact of resistance training on body composition and metabolic syndrome variables during androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer: a pilot randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Dawson JK, Dorff TB, Todd Schroeder E, Lane CJ, Gross ME, Dieli-Conwright CM
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 3
- Randomized controlled trial to evaluate the impact of aerobic exercise on visceral fat in overweight chronic kidney disease patients.
- Authors: Baria F, Kamimura MA, Aoike DT, Ammirati A, Rocha ML, de Mello MT, Cuppari L
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Higher Total Protein Intake and Change in Total Protein Intake Affect Body Composition but Not Metabolic Syndrome Indexes in Middle-Aged Overweight and Obese Adults Who Perform Resistance and Aerobic Exercise for 36 Weeks.
- Authors: Campbell WW, Kim JE, Amankwaah AF, Gordon SL, Weinheimer-Haus EM
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Effects of aerobic or combined aerobic resistance exercise on body composition in overweight and obese adults: gender differences. A randomized intervention study.
- Authors: Sanal E, Ardic F, Kirac S
- Issue date: 2013 Feb