A Culturally Adapted Cognitive Behavioral Internet-Delivered Intervention for Depressive Symptoms: Randomized Controlled Trial.
Mojica Perilla, Monica
cognitive behavioral therapy
MetadataShow full item record
JournalJMIR mental health
AbstractResearch attrition and treatment dropouts were high in this study. On average, 7.6 sessions were completed per user. The mean time spent on the program was 3 hours and 18 min. The linear mixed model (LMM) showed significant effects after treatment (t197.54=-5.189; P<.001) for the treatment group, and these effects were maintained at the 3-month follow-up (t39.62=4.668; P<.001). Within-group results for the treatment group yielded a large effect size post treatment (d=1.44; P<.001), and this was maintained at the 3-month follow-up (d=1.81; P<.001). In addition, the LMM showed significant differences between the groups (t197.54=-5.189; P<.001). The results showed a large effect size between the groups (d=0.91; P<.001). In the treatment group, 76.0% (16/107) achieved a reliable change, compared with 32.0% (17/107) in the WL control group. The difference between groups was statistically significant (X22=10.5; P=.001).
- Assessing the efficacy of a culturally adapted cognitive behavioural internet-delivered treatment for depression: protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Salamanca-Sanabria A, Richards D, Timulak L, Castro-Camacho L, Mojica-Perilla M, Parra-Villa Y
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 27
- Effectiveness of a web-based cognitive-behavioral tool to improve mental well-being in the general population: randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Powell J, Hamborg T, Stallard N, Burls A, McSorley J, Bennett K, Griffiths KM, Christensen H
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 31
- Evaluating a Web-Based Social Anxiety Intervention Among University Students: Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Authors: McCall HC, Richardson CG, Helgadottir FD, Chen FS
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 21
- Internet-based cognitive and behavioural therapies for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in adults.
- Authors: Lewis C, Roberts NP, Bethell A, Robertson L, Bisson JI
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 14
- The Effect of Guided Web-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy on Patients With Depressive Symptoms and Heart Failure: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Authors: Lundgren JG, Dahlström Ö, Andersson G, Jaarsma T, Kärner Köhler A, Johansson P
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 3