Effects of non-invasive respiratory support on gas exchange and outcomes in COVID-19 outside the ICU
McCartan, Thomas A
Franciosi, Alessandro N
Conluain, Ruán Ó
Hussein, Israa Fathi
Costello, Richard W
AffiliationGrace Kavanagh, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Mercy University Hospital, Grenville Place, Cork, T12 WE28, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationGough C, Casey M, McCartan TA, Franciosi AN, Nash D, Doyle D, Hyland N, Kavanagh G, Toland S, Powell C, O'Regan R, Conluain RÓ, Greene G, Murray G, Hussein IF, Hunt E, Gargoum F, Curran D, Hassan T, Cormican L, Costello RW, McEnery T. Effects of non-invasive respiratory support on gas exchange and outcomes in COVID-19 outside the ICU. Respir Med. 2021 Aug-Sep;185:106481. doi: 10.1016/j.rmed.2021.106481.
AbstractNon-invasive respiratory support (NRS) outside of the ICU has played an important role in the management of COVID-19 pneumonia. There is little data to guide selection of NRS modality. We present outcomes of NRS outside the ICU and discuss the effects of NRS on gas exchange with implications for management.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Copyright © 2021 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Ltd.. All rights reserved.
- Noninvasive Ventilatory Support of Patients with COVID-19 outside the Intensive Care Units (WARd-COVID).
- Authors: Bellani G, Grasselli G, Cecconi M, Antolini L, Borelli M, De Giacomi F, Bosio G, Latronico N, Filippini M, Gemma M, Giannotti C, Antonini B, Petrucci N, Zerbi SM, Maniglia P, Castelli GP, Marino G, Subert M, Citerio G, Radrizzani D, Mediani TS, Lorini FL, Russo FM, Faletti A, Beindorf A, Covello RD, Greco S, Bizzarri MM, Ristagno G, Mojoli F, Pradella A, Severgnini P, Da Macallè M, Albertin A, Ranieri VM, Rezoagli E, Vitale G, Magliocca A, Cappelleri G, Docci M, Aliberti S, Serra F, Rossi E, Valsecchi MG, Pesenti A, Foti G
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Outcomes of COVID-19 patients intubated after failure of non-invasive ventilation: a multicenter observational study.
- Authors: Boscolo A, Pasin L, Sella N, Pretto C, Tocco M, Tamburini E, Rosi P, Polati E, Donadello K, Gottin L, Vianello A, Landoni G, Navalesi P, FERS, for the COVID-19 VENETO ICU Network
- Issue date: 2021 Sep 6
- Intensive care for seriously ill patients affected by novel coronavirus sars - CoV - 2: Experience of the Crema Hospital, Italy.
- Authors: Zuccon W, Comassi P, Adriani L, Bergamaschini G, Bertin E, Borromeo R, Corti S, De Petri F, Dolci F, Galmozzi A, Gigliotti A, Gualdoni L, Guerra C, Khosthiova A, Leati G, Lupi G, Moscato P, Perotti V, Piantelli M, Ruini A, Sportelli S, Susca M, Troiano C, Benelli G, Buscarini E, Canetta C, Merli G, Scartabellati A, Melilli B S C G, Sfogliarini R, Pellegatta G, Viganò G
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Feasibility and clinical impact of out-of-ICU noninvasive respiratory support in patients with COVID-19-related pneumonia.
- Authors: Franco C, Facciolongo N, Tonelli R, Dongilli R, Vianello A, Pisani L, Scala R, Malerba M, Carlucci A, Negri EA, Spoladore G, Arcaro G, Tillio PA, Lastoria C, Schifino G, Tabbì L, Guidelli L, Guaraldi G, Ranieri VM, Clini E, Nava S
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Management of patients with severe acute respiratory failure due to SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia with noninvasive ventilatory support outside Intensive Care Unit.
- Authors: Diaz DE Teran T, Gonzales Martinez M, Banfi P, Garuti G, Ferraioli G, Russo G, Casu F, Vivarelli M, Bonfiglio M, Perazzo A, Barlascini C, Bauleo A, Nicolini A, Solidoro P
- Issue date: 2021 Jun