MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPIP (Poly Implant Prothèse, France) implants were readily employed for breast reconstruction until withdrawn from the market in 2010. These implants have an early and increased risk of rupture compared to non-PIP implants. This report outlines a significant cutaneous manifestation of PIP-implant rupture not previously described in the literature. This patient developed significant cutaneous xanthomatous inflammation with sinus tract formation that has yet to resolve despite explantation. Further investigation is warranted to elucidate the aetiology of this clinical sign and the optimal management of the cutaneous manifestation.
- Poly Implant Prothèse and Rofil Substandard Breast Implant Explantations from a Large German Single Centre from 2011 to 2014: A Comparative Study.
- Authors: Billner M, Wirthmann A, Reif S, Rieger UM
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Comparison of the Explantation Rate of Poly Implant Prothèse, Allergan, and Pérouse Silicone Breast Implants within the First Four Years after Reconstructive Surgery before the Poly Implant Prothèse Alert by the French Regulatory Authority.
- Authors: Leduey A, Mazouni C, Leymarie N, Alkhashnam H, Sarfati B, Garbay JR, Gaudin A, Kolb F, Rimareix F
- Issue date: 2015
- [Poly Implant Prothèse (PIP®) incidence of complications in breast reconstructive surgery: A retrospective comparative analysis].
- Authors: Fenoll C, Leclère FM, Hivelin M, Atlan M, Cothier-Savey I, Lantieri L, Le Masurier P
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Poly Implant Prothèse silicone breast implants: implant dynamics and capsular contracture.
- Authors: Bachour Y, Heinze ZCM, Dormaar TS, van Selms WG, Ritt MJPF, Niessen FB
- Issue date: 2018
- Poly Implant Prothèse (PIP) incidence of rupture: a retrospective MR analysis in 64 patients.
- Authors: Scotto di Santolo M, Cusati B, Ragozzino A, Dell'Aprovitola N, Acquaviva A, Altiero M, Accurso A, Riccardi A, Imbriaco M
- Issue date: 2014 Dec