Effect of routinely assessing and addressing depression and diabetes distress using patient-reported outcome measures in improving outcomes among adults with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review protocol.
Ho, Felicia Ching Siew
Keywordsdepression & mood disorders
diabetes & endocrinology
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIntroduction: Type 2 diabetes is a global health priority. People with diabetes are more likely to experience mental health problems relative to people without diabetes. Diabetes guidelines recommend assessment of depression and diabetes distress during diabetes care. This systematic review will examine the effect of routinely assessing and addressing depression and diabetes distress using patient-reported outcome measures in improving outcomes among adults with type 2 diabetes. Methods and analysis: MEDLINE, Embase, CINAHL Complete, PsycInfo, The Cochrane Library and Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials will be searched using a prespecified strategy using a prespecified Population, Intervention, Comparator, Outcomes, Setting and study design strategy. The date range of the search of all databases will be from inception to 3 August 2020. Randomised controlled trials, interrupted time-series studies, prospective and retrospective cohort studies, case-control studies and analytical cross-sectional studies published in peer-reviewed journals in the English language will be included. Two review authors will independently screen abstracts and full texts with disagreements resolved by a third reviewer, if required, using Covidence software. Two reviewers will undertake risk of bias assessment using checklists appropriate to study design. Data will be extracted using prespecified template. A narrative synthesis will be conducted, with a meta-analysis, if appropriate.
- Impact of multimorbidity count on all-cause mortality and glycaemic outcomes in people with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review protocol.
- Authors: Chiang JI, Furler J, Mair FS, Jani B, Nicholl BI, Jenkins A, Condron P, O'Neal D, Manski-Nankervis JA
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 5
- Effect of routinely assessing and addressing depression and diabetes distress on clinical outcomes among adults with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review.
- Authors: McMorrow R, Hunter B, Hendrieckx C, Kwasnicka D, Speight J, Cussen L, Ho FCS, Emery J, Manski-Nankervis JA
- Issue date: 2022 May 25
- Integrated management of type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes within multi-morbidity conditions in Africa: a systematic review protocol.
- Authors: Mutabazi JC, Werfalli MM, Rawat A, Musa E, Norris SA, Murphy K, Trottier H, Levitt N, Zarowsky C
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 12
- Patient-reported outcomes (PROs) in randomised controlled trials in diabetes and pregnancy: protocol for a systematic review.
- Authors: Newman C, Kgosidialwa O, Dervan L, Bogdanet D, Egan AM, Biesty L, Devane D, O'Shea PM, Dunne F
- Issue date: 2021 Nov 2
- Association between patient activation, self-management behaviours and clinical outcomes in adults with diabetes or related metabolic disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis protocol.
- Authors: Mueller J, Ahern AL, Sharp SJ, Richards R, Birch JM, Davies A, Griffin SJ
- Issue date: 2022 Jan 31