CSF Rhinorrhea After Endonasal Intervention to the Skull Base (CRANIAL) - Part 2: Impact of COVID-19.
Cerebrospinal fluid leak
Cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea
Skull base surgery
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherWorld Neurosurg .
PubMed Central IDPMC7965443
AbstractAbstract Background: During the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, concerns have been raised regarding the increased risk of perioperative mortality for patients with COVID-19, and the transmission risk to healthcare workers, especially during endonasal neurosurgical operations. The Pituitary Society has produced recommendations to guide management during this era. We sought to assess contemporary neurosurgical practice and the effects of COVID-19.
Series/Report no.2021 May; 149: e1090–e1097.
- Risk factors associated with postoperative cerebrospinal fluid leak after endoscopic endonasal skull base surgery.
- Authors: Fraser S, Gardner PA, Koutourousiou M, Kubik M, Fernandez-Miranda JC, Snyderman CH, Wang EW
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- The endoscopic endonasal approach for cerebrospinal fluid leak repair in the elderly.
- Authors: Emanuelli E, Milanese L, Rossetto M, Cazzador D, d'Avella E, Volo T, Baro V, Denaro L, Gioffrè G, Borsetto D, Martini A
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Cranial base repair with combined vascularized nasal septal flap and autologous tissue graft following expanded endonasal endoscopic neurosurgery.
- Authors: Munich SA, Fenstermaker RA, Fabiano AJ, Rigual NR
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Managing cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea after lateral skull base surgery via endoscopic endonasal eustachian tube closure.
- Authors: Lemonnier LA, Tessema B, Kuperan AB, Jourdy DN, Telischi FF, Morcos JJ, Casiano RR
- Issue date: 2015 May-Jun
- Surgical outcomes of the endonasal endoscopic approach within a standardized management protocol for repair of spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea.
- Authors: Kreatsoulas DC, Shah VS, Otto BA, Carrau RL, Prevedello DM, Hardesty DA
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 28