Intramural Hematoma During a Complex Chronic Total Occlusion Intervention.
KeywordsCTO, chronic total occlusion
DES, drug-eluting stent
IVUS, intravascular ultrasound
OCT, optical coherence tomography
PCI, percutaneous coronary intervention
RCA, right coronary artery
coronary vessel anomaly
percutaneous coronary intervention
MetadataShow full item record
JournalJACC. Case reports
PubMed Central IDPMC9207957
AbstractWe describe a patient who presented for elective percutaneous coronary intervention to treat a chronic total occlusion of the right coronary artery. An intramural hematoma resulted from the intervention and was discovered with intravenous ultrasound. The complication was successfully managed conservatively, and follow-up showed patent coronary arteries. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.).
- Coronary artery intramural hematoma, a rare complication of percutaneous coronary intervention.
- Authors: Hussain B, Bhavsar D, Dhulipala V
- Issue date: 2022 Oct
- Incidence, predictors, and outcomes of distal vessel expansion on follow-up intravascular ultrasound after recanalization of chronic total occlusions using new-generation drug-eluting stents: Data from the CTO-IVUS randomized trial.
- Authors: Hong SJ, Kim BK, Kim YJ, Rha SW, Lee SJ, Kim HY, Choi JH, Ahn CM, Kim JS, Ko YG, Choi D, Hong MK, Jang Y
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Utilization of intravascular imaging in elective non chronic total occlusion percutaneous intervention and chronic total occlusion percutaneous intervention: Trends in utilization and impact on in-hospital mortality.
- Authors: Maknojia A, Gilani A, Comeaux S, Ghatak A
- Issue date: 2023 Sep-Oct
- Comparison of Stent Expansion Guided by Optical Coherence Tomography Versus Intravascular Ultrasound: The ILUMIEN II Study (Observational Study of Optical Coherence Tomography [OCT] in Patients Undergoing Fractional Flow Reserve [FFR] and Percutaneous Coronary Intervention).
- Authors: Maehara A, Ben-Yehuda O, Ali Z, Wijns W, Bezerra HG, Shite J, Généreux P, Nichols M, Jenkins P, Witzenbichler B, Mintz GS, Stone GW
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Optical coherence tomography compared with intravascular ultrasound and with angiography to guide coronary stent implantation (ILUMIEN III: OPTIMIZE PCI): a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Ali ZA, Maehara A, Généreux P, Shlofmitz RA, Fabbiocchi F, Nazif TM, Guagliumi G, Meraj PM, Alfonso F, Samady H, Akasaka T, Carlson EB, Leesar MA, Matsumura M, Ozan MO, Mintz GS, Ben-Yehuda O, Stone GW, ILUMIEN III: OPTIMIZE PCI Investigators
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 26