Intramural Hematoma During a Complex Chronic Total Occlusion Intervention.
Access full-text PDFOpen Access
Check access options
Check access options
KeywordsCTO, chronic total occlusion
DES, drug-eluting stent
IVUS, intravascular ultrasound
OCT, optical coherence tomography
PCI, percutaneous coronary intervention
RCA, right coronary artery
coronary vessel anomaly
percutaneous coronary intervention
MetadataShow full item record
JournalJACC. Case reports
PubMed Central IDPMC9207957
AbstractWe describe a patient who presented for elective percutaneous coronary intervention to treat a chronic total occlusion of the right coronary artery. An intramural hematoma resulted from the intervention and was discovered with intravenous ultrasound. The complication was successfully managed conservatively, and follow-up showed patent coronary arteries. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.).
- Coronary artery intramural hematoma, a rare complication of percutaneous coronary intervention.
- Authors: Hussain B, Bhavsar D, Dhulipala V
- Issue date: 2022 Oct
- Incidence, predictors, and outcomes of distal vessel expansion on follow-up intravascular ultrasound after recanalization of chronic total occlusions using new-generation drug-eluting stents: Data from the CTO-IVUS randomized trial.
- Authors: Hong SJ, Kim BK, Kim YJ, Rha SW, Lee SJ, Kim HY, Choi JH, Ahn CM, Kim JS, Ko YG, Choi D, Hong MK, Jang Y
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Intravascular ultrasound to guide percutaneous coronary interventions: an evidence-based analysis.
- Authors: Medical Advisory Secretariat
- Issue date: 2006
- Comparison of Stent Expansion Guided by Optical Coherence Tomography Versus Intravascular Ultrasound: The ILUMIEN II Study (Observational Study of Optical Coherence Tomography [OCT] in Patients Undergoing Fractional Flow Reserve [FFR] and Percutaneous Coronary Intervention).
- Authors: Maehara A, Ben-Yehuda O, Ali Z, Wijns W, Bezerra HG, Shite J, Généreux P, Nichols M, Jenkins P, Witzenbichler B, Mintz GS, Stone GW
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Optical coherence tomography compared with intravascular ultrasound and with angiography to guide coronary stent implantation (ILUMIEN III: OPTIMIZE PCI): a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Ali ZA, Maehara A, Généreux P, Shlofmitz RA, Fabbiocchi F, Nazif TM, Guagliumi G, Meraj PM, Alfonso F, Samady H, Akasaka T, Carlson EB, Leesar MA, Matsumura M, Ozan MO, Mintz GS, Ben-Yehuda O, Stone GW, ILUMIEN III: OPTIMIZE PCI Investigators
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 26